Other Games To Upload
Remington Steelers
Special Teamer

01-05-2020, 06:55 AM

You had asked for ideas on other great games that we would like to see added to this fantastic site.  I am going to suggest a few:

1981 Divisional Playoff AFC: Chargers vs. Dolphins
1981 NFC Championship Game: Cowboys vs. 49ers
1992 AFC Wildcard: Oilers vs. Bills (The Comeback With Berman's Highlights afterward)
1972 Immaculate Reception the Whole Game

Just a few to start things off.

God Bless,

Tim (Remington's Steelers)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-05-2020, 06:52 PM

(01-05-2020, 06:55 AM)Remington Steelers Wrote: You had asked for ideas on other great games that we would like to see added to this fantastic site.  I am going to suggest a few:

1981 Divisional Playoff AFC: Chargers vs. Dolphins
1981 NFC Championship Game: Cowboys vs. 49ers
1992 AFC Wildcard: Oilers vs. Bills (The Comeback With Berman's Highlights afterward)
1972 Immaculate Reception the Whole Game

Just a few to start things off.

God Bless,

Tim (Remington's Steelers)

Unfortunately, no complete copy of The Immaculate Reception game has surfaced yet.

The other 3 games are actually available right now from NFL Films:

1981 AFC Playoffs Chargers 41 at Dolphins 38
1981 AFC Championship 49ers 28 vs Cowboys 27
1992 AFC Wildcard Bills 41 vs Oilers 38

Enjoy!
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

03-06-2020, 10:21 AM

Tim,

It might be smart to link to games already put up on the official NFL site, as you did up above, rather than upload your own copies of them. You're already battling the NFL; why give them more ammunition, especially when it comes to well-known games that don't involve the Steelers anyway?
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

03-21-2020, 12:58 PM

Tim,

The version of Chargers-Dolphins that you linked to has almost five minutes of overtime missing. The tape leaves off when Rolf Benirschke misses a field goal about halfway through the period and picks up again on the Chargers' game-winning drive. The NFL marks the gap with a graphic reading (I think) "Footage missing".
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 12:59 PM by Garrett Garlits.)
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

03-25-2020, 05:01 PM

Tim,

I'm not sure if you're looking for games from other teams that you don't already have, but in case you are, here are some of the NFL's 100 Greatest Games that I haven't found in working order on YouTube. I've decided to make this a running list, and also to include games from the NFL's 100 Greatest Plays list. I'm only gong to list games that have a reasonable chance of being located in their entirety or at least close to it.

1. 1982 AFC Championship Jets at Dolphins (Otherwise known as the A.J. Duhe game, where he picked off Richard Todd three times in a monsoon at the Orange Bowl. The Dolphins won 14-0 to advance to Super Bowl XVII. It's been on YouTube before, but isn't at the moment.) This game ranked Number 100 on the NFL's Greatest Games list

2. Dolphins at Patriots 1982 (The Snowplow Game, where an inmate from a Foxborough-area prison cleared the way for John Smith's game-winning field goal, which was the only scoring in the game. There's a copy on YouTube, but it's blocked, and I suspect from its hour-and-fifty minute run time that's it's VERY heavily edited.) This game is Number 94 on the Greatest Games list.

3. 49ers at Eagles 1989 (Joe Montana leads a 28-point fourth quarter as the Niners overcome an 18-10 deficit to win 38-28). This game ranked Number 58 on the Greatest Games list/

4. Raiders at Colts 1977 AFC Divisional Playoff "Ghost to the Post" This is another game that pops up on YouTube from time to time, but never stays. I've always been fascinated by this one, both because it's so high-scoring and because it's a rare double overtime game. For those of you who don't know the result, the Raiders won 37-31 to advance to the AFC Championship Game. This game ranked Number 28 on the Greatest Games list.

5. 49ers at Rams Week 7 1988- This was famous for Roger Craig's 46-yard high-stepping touchdown run in the first quarter, which was Number 100 on the NFL's Greatest Plays list. But it's a pretty good game in its own right; Craig rushed for 190 yards and three touchdowns, including the game-winner in a 24-21 Frisco victory.

6. 49ers at Falcons Week 12 1983- A back-and-forth game ends with a miracle, as Steve Bartkowski's Hail Mary is grabbed by Billy "White Shoes" Johnson at the Niners' ten. White Shoes weaves and dances his way into the end zone as time runs out for an improbable 28-24 Atlanta victory, and the final touchdown ranks as Number 87 on the NFL's 100 Greatest Plays list.

7. Chiefs at Broncos Week 2 1990 MNF-The Broncos blow a 21-9 fourth quarter lead thanks to a pair of Steve DeBerg touchdown passes to Stephone Paige, then come back to win 24-23 on a late field goal. But this game is best known for the frightening hit laid on Chiefs running back Christian Okoye by Broncos safety and future Hall of Famer Steve Atwater. Think Donnie Shell vs. Earl Campbell if Earl had been thirty pounds heavier. Those who had seen Okoye play swear that he was never the same afterward. This was Number 83 on the Greatest Plays list.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2020, 07:31 AM by Garrett Garlits.)