1976 Steelers 6 at Vikings 17 MNF
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

05-30-2017, 08:25 PM

1976 Steelers 6 at Vikings 17 MNF

Features Jack Lambert's famous "Buzzard's Breath, Wyoming" intro (lol). Pittsburgh draws first blood after Lambert picks off Bob Lee (subbing for an injured Fran Tarkenton) and returns it to the Viking 15. Bradshaw hits Cunningham 5 plays later for a 1-yd TD pass, but Gerela's PAT is blocked. After Bradshaw is intercepted in the 2nd quarter (1 of 4 costly Bradshaw INTs), Chuck Foreman scores on a 8-yd TD run for a 7-6 lead. Both teams miss FG attempts and trade turnovers before the game moves to the final period. With the ball on their own 27 and inches to go, the Steelers briefly consider going for it but ultimately decide to punt. Unfortunately, Mike Webster snaps the ball over Bobby Walden’s head and the Vikings recover at the Steelers 7. Two Foreman runs later, Minnesota leads 14-6. Minnesota adds a 43 yd FG to complete the scoring before another Bradshaw interception seals Pittsburgh's fate as the Steelers get off to a shocking 1-3 start.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

08-06-2017, 07:54 AM

At halftime, the usual MNF halftime highlights, featuring Broncos kick returner Rick Upchurch and the infamous 48-17 blowout of the Raiders by the Patriots.
Steelhead70's
Special Teamer

02-23-2020, 06:21 AM

Foreman's 148 yards were the most against the '70's Steelers by any back not named O. J., but it was the turnovers that did them in.

Webster's high punt snap must be his low point in any of these existing games, but when I started watching these games a few years ago, I kept wondering who the offensive lineman was jumping offsides (and getting away with it). It was Iron Mike, of course, great quickness off the snap. I've watched these games so many times, sometimes I'll watch them just to watch single players, like Mike. If he wasn't the best center ever, I don't know who was. Randy White said it, he'd block his man, then go block somebody else, because he could.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

02-23-2020, 11:06 AM

(02-23-2020, 06:21 AM)Steelhead70 Wrote: If he wasn't the best center ever, I don't know who was. Randy White said it, he'd block his man, then go block somebody else, because he could.

Truth.  Thumbsup