1988 Steelers 44 at Redskins 31 Preseason
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-25-2020, 10:40 AM

1988 Steelers 44 at Redskins 31 Preseason

Jack Ham and Stan Savran on the call as the Steelers put the game away early with a 31-point 2nd quarter. Includes a halftime tribute to Ham, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame the previous weekend. 
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

02-11-2020, 02:28 PM

At halftime, in addition to the Ham Hall of Fame tribute, Myron Cope comments on the first half and Lynn Cullen has a feature on the old-timers flag football game between the Cowboys and the Steelers that had taken place the weekend before at Three Rivers. The Cowboys won 24-22. (Yes, Ham made it back from Canton in time to play.)

I remember listening to that game on WTAE Radio with Fleming and Cope on the call, and I seem to remember it being televised by either WTAE or WPXI. If it was televised and someone out there has a tape of it, I'd love to see it. Also, I seem to remember some preseason scrimmages involving the Steelers being televised in the late eighties and early nineties. A couple of them were against the Redskins, and I think another one was against the Bills. Since we have so many preseason telecasts on the site now, I wonder if anyone has these scrimmages and would like to share them with us.