Video Control Tip: Skipping forward/back in 15-second increments
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-07-2020, 09:26 PM

You may or may not know this, but as you're watching games on this site, you can SKIP forward and back in 15 second increments by hitting your left/right cursor keys (arrows). Pretty handy for skipping though commercials, jumping quickly from play to play, replaying a big play, etc. 

If it's not working, click on the video itself (which will pause it), then click it again to restart and voila! Your keyboard arrow controls will now allow you to skip around in the video.

I suspect many folks don't know this, and it significantly improves the viewing experience.  Thumbsup

P.S. -- If you want to skip ahead 30 seconds, quickly hit your right arrow key 2 times. 45 seconds? Quickly hit your right arrow key 3 times. And so on.
Noll and Cowher teams no more
SmashMouth and Blitzburgh!

03-09-2020, 08:55 PM

Good to know.
Most of the time when I watch the games I'm at work and I'm unable to sit for long periods of time with the type of work I do. Makes it easier to be able to catch a couple series at a time and get through the whole game.
Without this feature I was maybe able to get through half the 3rd quarter, which sucked. LOL

Your older set up had forward buttons which was great before the NFL took it down.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2020, 09:03 PM by Noll and Cowher teams no more.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-10-2020, 12:11 AM

(03-09-2020, 08:55 PM)Noll and Cowher teams no more Wrote: Good to know.
Most of the time when I watch the games I'm at work and I'm unable to sit for long periods of time with the type of work I do. Makes it easier to be able to catch a couple series at a time and get through the whole game.
Without this feature I was maybe able to get through half the 3rd quarter, which sucked. LOL

Your older set up had forward buttons which was great before the NFL took it down.

Yeah, I loved the old buttons. No mystery to using them. Unfortunately, they won't work with the new player we have to use. They didn't work after we had to use the old Vimeo player instead of the raw video files, either. 

People are always messing with us...  Laugh Pi_dunno Eyes
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

03-13-2020, 01:40 AM

When was jack lambert's final regular season game? Was it against the stains?

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-13-2020, 03:15 AM

(03-13-2020, 01:40 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: When was jack lambert's final regular season game? Was it against the stains?

I think it was the December game vs. Houston. Then he sat out until the AFCC in Miami.
Barney
Hall of Famer

03-13-2020, 09:12 AM

(03-10-2020, 12:11 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 08:55 PM)Noll and Cowher teams no more Wrote: Good to know.

Yeah, I loved the old buttons. No mystery to using them. Unfortunately, they won't work with the new player we have to use. They didn't work after we had to use the old Vimeo player instead of the raw video files, either. 

People are always messing with us...  Laugh Pi_dunno Eyes

I bet if you changed the website name to McMillianandwifeCOVID19 NFL would leave you alone. I'm surprised the NFL hasn't canceled the Draft and the 2020 season!