1982 Steelers 37 vs Colts 15 Preseason
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

06-04-2017, 08:59 PM

1982 Steelers 37 vs Colts 15 Preseason

The Steelers look to be in mid-season form as they simply overwhelm the Colts, especially Bradshaw who throws for 260 yards while playing only the first half, including 2 TDs to Stallworth and what should've been a third to Jim Smith if not for a drop. The Steelers appear able to do whatever they want offensively, with RB Greg Hawthorne in particular having a remarkable receiving day. Game features 3 missed PATs by 2 of the NFL's worst kickers (Dave Trout and Mike Wood). 
Unregistered

06-06-2017, 08:53 AM

The same Scott Garceau and Tom Matte who later called Baltimore Ravens games on the Ravens Radio Network from 1996 to 2005 seasons, including Super Bowl XXXV, called this pre season clash between the Steelers and Colts from 1982, when Garceau and Matte we're the pre season Baltimore Colts TV broadcasters for WMAR-TV in Baltimore, Maryland.
Unregistered

06-19-2017, 11:44 AM

Love the site and reliving seeing the great Steeler teams of yesterday.  Does anyone know why Chuck Noll started to wear the coaching headset in 1982?
Unregistered

07-13-2017, 05:21 PM

Growing up, I would've really enjoyed having access to local/regional preseason telecasts such as this one. In my part of the country, we saw games only on the major networks. Speaking of national preseason telecasts, should you ever come across it, I'd like to see the 1983 AFC-NFC Hall of Fame game between the Steelers and Saints. Anyway, thanks for all the games you've posted.