Quarantine
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

03-22-2020, 02:55 AM

How many of us are either quarantined or self quarantined? I’m currently self quarantined from 5 days ago with no end in sight. Had a major case of cabin fever in the middle of last  night and spent two hours walking around the neighborhood. Fairly easy to maintain 6 feet of separation at 3am......

Thank heavens for all these videos our host Tim McMillen has posted cause without, I’ll go completely out of my mind!!

With much gratitude,

Dave.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

03-22-2020, 04:46 AM

Well, I work from home and travel but my company has grounded us until further notice. My next "planned" trip is May 4th to Detroit but I don't know if it will be cancelled or not.

The great news is my wife's company has her working from home now so we're both working at home. We still do things that we need, I'm not going to live in fear or panic. Just got back from the shooting range about an hour ago.

I did have a trip to S.C. (my daughter's wedding) in February and a trip to Oregon later that same month and was sick for about a week. Who knows what it was, this wasn't in the news then. My thoughts are it's been over-hyped by the MSM to damage the administration.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020, 04:46 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
sandfan
Hall of Famer

03-22-2020, 04:52 AM

Not much in the way of virus activity here at the beach. Thank God for that. Tourists have stayed away for the most part and, while that helps mitigate the spread of the virus, it is crippling the local economy.

I've been e-mailing with a friend in Torino Italy. The situation there is pretty dire. She and her family are OK so far. She's in banking and working from home but her husband is in sales and that's a tougher challenge.

I think America has the best capabilities to address this threat but that's not certain. What I think is certain is the impact on our economy and social structure is likely to be far more damaging than the disease itself. The virus is being made into a political football. Certain members of congress will cram or try to cram pork into whatever legislation is passed thereby diluting the process while escalating our debt. That's sad but some folks just won't ever let a crisis go to waste.

Our golf course is still open. Bag drop guys are wearing gloves and sanitizing the carts. All water, sand bottles and rakes have been removed from the course. The clubhouse is closed but we can still have a beverage after the round outside by the fireplace/scoreboard. The cups have been inverted and the pins remain in them. A good putt will sink about 1" into the hole and be easily removed. Overall the club is doing all that they can to keep everyone safe yet still provide an outlet for some exercise.

The toilet paper idiocy runs unchecked here. Grocery stores seem to have most of everything else.

We have not completely shut ourselves off but the boredom level is getting pretty ugly. Our son came home from Charleston. Nothing to do there so he came to share some time with us. That was most welcome. He sold his business about 2 months ago and we have been looking for his next opportunity. I think we may not pull the trigger quickly and keep the cash in hand until the business and health care climates improve. I fear many business people are likely to react in a similar fashion.

Good luck to all. God willing we will beat this disease.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-22-2020, 10:14 AM

I'm working from home. Our company has suspended air travel for the time being. Our home office is in Orange County, so everyone is working from home there as well. I travel a lot for business, but I also work from my home office a good percentage of the time so it hasn't been that big of an adjustment in terms of how I approach my job. 

Terribly concerned for our country. The virus is serious, obviously, but I'm even more concerned about what this is doing to our economy. I'm no doctor, but this feels like panic and over-reaction to me. There seems to be a lot of one-upmanship going on with our politicians. Who can appear to care the most? Who can prove how truly concerned they are by imposing the most draconian restrictions?

I could be wrong. Perhaps all this is warranted. We'll never really know if all this has been an overreaction. I just pray things starts returning to normal sooner rather than later, before our livelihoods begin to disappear. 

Also blown away by the markets. What a bunch of pussies on Wall Street. If there's a bailout, these scum-suckers better not be able to re-purchase their own stocks. 
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-22-2020, 10:17 AM

P.S. -- Anyone else have a Firestick? Watching these games on the Firestick via Amazon Silk has been amazing. Same thing on smart TVs in general, although I tend to use Silk on the Firestick.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

03-27-2020, 11:08 AM

(03-22-2020, 10:17 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: P.S. -- Anyone else have a Firestick? Watching these games on the Firestick via Amazon Silk has been amazing. Same thing on smart TVs in general, although I tend to use Silk on the Firestick.

I Have the Amazon Firebox. Its wireless and wired...
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

03-27-2020, 11:13 AM

I'm inside a lot watching TV. But still working for Medical offices during the day. I.T And communications. My Sister was taken by EMS 2 nights ago and quarantined at the hospital. We cant go to see her but using facetime by cell phone.

Crazy times we are in. The Great quake of 89, 9-11, And now Covid-19 Batty times
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-27-2020, 07:23 PM

(03-27-2020, 11:13 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: I'm inside a lot watching TV. But still working for Medical offices during the day. I.T And communications.  My Sister was taken by EMS 2 nights ago and quarantined at the hospital. We cant go to see her but using facetime by cell phone.

Crazy times we are in.  The Great quake of 89,  9-11,  And now Covid-19 Batty times

We'll keep your sister in prayer, Dean. Hope she's doing okay! 

So did she test positive for COVID-19? 

It's interesting. Even though our entire Buena Park office is closed, everyone is working from home (the company outfitted office employees with laptops so they could continue to do their jobs from home) and in many ways, we're as busy as ever. There's been an adjustment for sure. Everything takes a little more time and effort, but it's been pretty amazing how quickly (and relatively seamlessly in many ways) we've adapted.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

03-28-2020, 12:48 AM

I've been working from home as well as my customer and I agree its busier than ever. Hope this keeps up. However it does make me pause and appreciate the blessed life I've had.

We are not "sheltered -in place" so I may take a little ride over the week-end. Getting a dose of "cabin-fever".

Cali - I hope your sister feels better today.

Next - Minkah, #39!
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

03-29-2020, 03:19 AM

Cabin Fever = Baby Boom starting in 9 months and lasting about the same amount of time it takes for this virus to pass...
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

03-31-2020, 03:44 AM

(03-29-2020, 03:19 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Cabin Fever = Baby Boom starting in 9 months and lasting about the same amount of time it takes for this virus to pass...

Will they be known as "Coronians"? 

Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll

Next - Minkah, #39!