COVID-19 gives way to Racism-2020
Barney
Hall of Famer

06-06-2020, 07:53 AM

So I thought after the failed impeachment things would be looking up in 2020...

I was wrong... 

Crude Oil prices collapsed because Russia and Saudi Arabia are actively trying to decimate the market in order to hurt the US production and energy independence... 

China released, intentionally or unintentionally, COVID-19 on it's own populace which then spread across the world...

Democrats too scared to step outside due to the deadly virus, that kills 100 out 100 patients, demanded that the US economy be shut down so we funded and supported it.  Democrat Governors flexed their new found authoritarianism and enforced ridiculous rules for the populace while exempting themselves from the same rule of the law. 

Slowly most States began to realize the necessity to reopen...

And then as if on cue... a Police Officer for far too long used excessive force in restraining a handcuffed prone suspect, George Floyd, resulting in his unfortunate and untimely death . Unquestionably a tragedy, an absolute abuse of power, and deserving of swift and meaningful Justice.

However, some of us could not wait for justice...

Now cities across the country are under attack. Rioting, looting, and burning by "Peaceful Protesters".  I naively thought that my generation would somehow escape similar controversies that plagued the 60's and 70's. It feels like America is stuck in quick sand and we're collectively struggling against it rather than being smart and working together.

A house divided cannot stand is written in the Bible and famously quoted by Abraham Lincoln. We're deeply divided at the moment. With one side demanding, at times, for the other to kneel before them and acknowledge their guilt. A guilt that belongs solely with the Officer responsible for his actions.

I alone am responsible for my actions and you are responsible for yours. Fighting injustice with injustice is not a strategy that is fair or just. There seems to be no capitulation that will satisfy the aggrieved party. I will bow low before God and stand tall in front of man. 

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  - Ephesians 6:12

Just my thoughts at the end of a tough week. Praying for God to heal this Country for us to repent and turn back to him.
ECboy
Starting Lineup

06-15-2020, 09:12 AM

I'm not a black man but how much longer would you like black Americans to wait for justice? Until it's convenient for YOU?
The time to wait is over and what is occurring right now is what needs to occur to grab white americas attention.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

06-15-2020, 08:04 PM

We have options in America. We have the rule of law which has provided the foundation for our society as we know it over the past 200 or so years. Now it seems we are in danger of replacing it with mob rule. One provides decisions that take time to play out. The other offers more immediate action.

My position is it matters not how long one must wait to achieve a just and legal result. Those decisions are worth it. The time needed to try an alleged crime by a policeman or any citizen is part of the process. Neither action is more abhorrent than the other and therefore should not dictate more expedient action.

Mob rule will not create a successful society. It may only force law abiding citizens to purchase more munitions to insure the mob will not impact their freedoms. I've taken that step in the last quarter and plan to increase my ability to defend myself, my family and my property.

What is convenient for any of us is not the issue. The rule of law must be upheld. That's the issue and path that is critical for all Americans. Convenient is not even tertiary.
Barney
Hall of Famer

06-17-2020, 10:11 AM

(06-15-2020, 09:12 AM)ECboy Wrote: I'm not a black man but how much longer would you like black Americans to wait for justice? Until it's convenient for YOU?
The time to wait is over and what is occurring right now is what needs to occur to grab white americas attention.

The officer responsible for George Loyd's death is not a reflection of Policing or Caucasians at large just as this IDIOT is not a reflection on the black community:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-shoving-suspect-woman-92

Sorry.  

I would think we could all agree that a murder trial will take more than a week or a month. Justice takes time. Vengeance is not ours. Would you prefer to get a large group of people together with pitch forks and pull him out of jail and serve him mob justice? Seems like we've tried that before... how did that go?
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 10:12 AM by Barney.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

06-18-2020, 03:51 PM

(06-15-2020, 09:12 AM)ECboy Wrote: I'm not a black man but how much longer would you like black Americans to wait for justice? Until it's convenient for YOU?

So why didn't that last round of riots fix things? And the riots before that? And the riots before that? Eyes

Riots and looting may get attention and media coverage. But they undermine positive change. 

MLK changed things... and guess what? No violence. No innocent loss of life. No crusade against law enforcement. No destruction of property, looting, stealing or burning buildings. He changed things with ideas. Through relentless persuasion. 

Forcefully, but peacefully. And with respect for others. 

What happened to George Floyd was truly horrific. He clearly didn't deserve that, it's one of the most obvious cases of excessive force I've ever seen, and the cop(s) responsible for his death should (and hopefully will) face consequences. None of it justifies the killing and rioting and looting and destruction being carried out by criminal opportunists, most of whom couldn't care less about George Floyd. If they did, they'd listen to the pleas of his family to end the violence. 

I support the peaceful protests. George Floyd's life being stolen is worthy of protest. Peaceful assembly is the American way and it's constitutionally protected. But the riots and looting are despicable, regardless of circumstance.
ECboy
Starting Lineup

06-19-2020, 11:01 AM

(06-18-2020, 03:51 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:

So why didn't that last round of riots fix things? And the riots before that? And the riots before that? Eyes

Riots and looting may get attention and media coverage. But they undermine positive change. 

MLK changed things... and guess what? No violence. No innocent loss of life. No crusade against law enforcement. No destruction of property, looting, stealing or burning buildings. He changed things with ideas. Through relentless persuasion. 

Forcefully, but peacefully. And with respect for others. 

What happened to George Floyd was truly horrific. He clearly didn't deserve that, it's one of the most obvious cases of excessive force I've ever seen, and the cop(s) responsible for his death should (and hopefully will) face consequences. None of it justifies the killing and rioting and looting and destruction being carried out by criminal opportunists, most of whom couldn't care less about George Floyd. If they did, they'd listen to the pleas of his family to end the violence. 

I support the peaceful protests. George Floyd's life being stolen is worthy of protest. Peaceful assembly is the American way and it's constitutionally protected. But the riots and looting are despicable, regardless of circumstance.

The protesting is what I'm referring to.
TomasJerry
Rookie

07-27-2020, 07:42 PM

when this is all over and we will live as before!? I'm out of a job and I don't know what's going to happen next!!!
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 06:42 AM by TomasJerry.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-29-2020, 03:34 PM

(07-27-2020, 07:42 PM)TomasJerry Wrote: when this is all over and we will live as before!? I'm out of a job and I don't know what's going to happen next!!!

Really sorry to hear of your situation, Tomas. Hang in there, brother. 

My prediction is, COVID will miraculously become a lot more manageable starting on Nov. 4th.