Apology
sandfan
Hall of Famer

06-22-2020, 09:44 AM

Tim,

I lost my patience and sent some recent comments that I regret.  I'm glad you or someone discontinued the string.  Thanks for understanding and covering my back side.  My replies were too strong and unnecessary.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  I have to contain my frustrations and appreciate that reality.

I don't know how to do a PM so I opted to apologize this way.

Don
Rollers
Hall of Famer

06-22-2020, 10:03 AM

this will be my last post here. I deleted the thread. I am sick to death of everyone trying to use this virtue signaling crap to show how "woke" they are. I stand by my original post. I may not "be on the right side of history" but then I'm not arrogant enough to claim that. I'm simply going to continue to treat all men with respect and not be a part of the racist problems that comes in all colors. So it was not Tim that deleted the thread it was me. If anyone doesn't like that tough. Get over it.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

06-29-2020, 06:57 AM

First of all, Sandfan, you don't need to apologize for anything you said. I thought your points were well-made, although I disagree with almost all of them.

Second, are we actually going to be allowed to debate issues of race as they relate to football and the NFL without fear of having our posts deleted? For those few of you who haven't figured it out, I'm a liberal Democrat who's becoming more liberal with every second Donald Trump stays in office. I'm 100% behind the players who choose to protest however they choose to do so, and I have little patience with those who believe that athletes should shut up and play; it's been too late for that since the 1960s.

I'm sure that plenty of you will be filling the board with anti-Steeler and anti-Tomlin rhetoric the minute you see the first of them kneel, and I want to be able to defend them and tell you how wrong I believe you all are if I choose. But it would be a waste of time to do so if the posts and threads would just be deleted the minute my opinion or another one who disagrees with the consensus is seen. It's Tim's board, and I get too much enjoyment from the games he puts up to continuously fight a battle I can't hope to win. Please tell me and others like me what the ground rules are, and I'll abide by them, even if it means that the only things I post in the future are recaps of halftime and postgame shows.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

06-29-2020, 07:26 AM

(06-29-2020, 06:57 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: First of all, Sandfan, you don't need to apologize for anything you said. I thought your points were well-made, although I disagree with almost all of them.

Second, are we actually going to be allowed to debate issues of race as they relate to football and the NFL without fear of having our posts deleted? For those few of you who haven't figured it out, I'm a liberal Democrat who's becoming more liberal with every second Donald Trump stays in office. I'm 100% behind the players who choose to protest however they choose to do so, and I have little patience with those who believe that athletes should shut up and play; it's been too late for that since the 1960s.

I'm sure that plenty of you will be filling the board with anti-Steeler and anti-Tomlin rhetoric the minute you see the first of them kneel, and I want to be able to defend them and tell you how wrong I believe you all are if I choose. But it would be a waste of time to do so if the posts and threads would just be deleted the minute my opinion or another one who disagrees with the consensus is seen. It's Tim's board, and I get too much enjoyment from the games he puts up to continuously fight a battle I can't hope to win. Please tell me and others like me what the ground rules are, and I'll abide by them, even if it means that the only things I post in the future are recaps of halftime and postgame shows.

Wait, you're not a conservative???  Pi_shocked Laugh

Didn't you read Roller's response in this thread? He deleted it. It was his thread (meaning the original post on the topic was his), so he can delete if he chooses (just as everyone else on this board can delete or edit their own posts). 

As a general rule, I don't delete anything unless it's way over the edge. 

The ground rules are already here under the code of conduct.