Ditching the NFL, Weeks 1-21
Noll and Cowher teams no more
SmashMouth and Blitzburgh!

04-07-2021, 08:28 PM

(04-07-2021, 07:49 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Beyond that, I just don't love the current Steelers. Other than Ben, who remains one of my all-time favorite players, the "modern" incarnation of the team doesn't do much for me. The game as it's now played has been watered down with too many bad rule changes. And the modern NFL is completely dead to me; a withered husk of what it once was. Too much virtual signaling toward too many sides, with far more allegiance payed to gambling, fantasy football and corporate sponsorship than the game itself, the players and the fans. 

I realize this probably makes me sound like an aging "get off my lawn" curmudgeon. But when you've experienced something at it's absolute pinnacle, only to watch helplessly as it's systematically dismantled, I think it's a natural reaction.

No it does not (to the bold and underlined sentence above). I feel the same way but am still drawn to watching the Steelers only on Sundays and Monday nights. Can care less about the NFL otherwise.

Us **clearing my throat**  older folks who were lucky enough to watch the NFL in the 70's and before (Dave, sandfan etc.) know what real football was and I'm pretty sure only the newer generation of fans like the crap that is on today.