Trey Lance
Rollers
Hall of Famer

01-23-2021, 07:26 AM

Trey Lance is the QB from NDSU     Some prognosticators have the Steelers trading up in order to get him.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

01-23-2021, 08:14 AM

He can run.  That's for sure.  I'm not so sure he can handle the rest of the job at the NFL level.  I realize imitation is the most sincere form of flattery and the NFL is a copy cat league.  But I doubt he's first round material and the only real optic of note is that part of his skill set, running ability, resembles the guy in Baltimore.

I think I'd hold onto draft capital, go into a rebuild mode for a few years and try to catch up to the rest of the AFC North with respect to QB and overall talent.  Colbert seems to do a better job than most on the draft.  Tomlin, vs quality head coaches, not so much considering he's been blessed with the best talent in the North for most of his tenure.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-23-2021, 08:22 AM

I ndon't see a QB that I would trade up for this year to be honest. Everyone is in love with trevor lawerance and who knows he mauy pan out. But in the big games against 'Bama and Ohio State he wilted. The kid from BYU (Wilson) looks promising as does Fields of Ohio State.

Just not sure they are worth trading the future for.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

01-24-2021, 12:52 PM

If we don't get someone who can run the ball - it won't matter. I love Connor's story - don't like his running, his style, or how easy he is to tackle, or how frail he is.