Marty Schottenheimer, RIP
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

02-10-2021, 01:27 AM

A great coach and better person. 

Marty Schottenheimer, NFL coaching legend, dies at 77

Marty Schottenheimer, who was a head coach in the NFL for over two decades and was a part of the game even longer, had died.

Schottenheimer had been battling Alzheimer's since for the last six years, and went into hospice care over the weekend.

"Legendary NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer, 77, peacefully passed away with family at his

side on Monday, February 8, 2021 in Charlotte, North Carolina," ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Tuesday.

According to Mortensen, the family is expected to release more information about a celebration of life for Schottenheimer.

"A private service will be held by his family, and a memorial service to celebrate his life will be

conducted at a later date, according to the Schottenheimer family. A full obituary will be

forthcoming over the next few days at which time condolences for the family and donations in Marty Schottenheimer's name may be made to a list of his favored charities."

In Schottenheimer's two decade-plus as a head coach in the NFL, he had memorable stints in Cleveland, Kansas City, Washington and San Diego, leaving an unforgettable mark on each franchise he served.

Read more: Marty Schottenheimer, NFL coaching legend, dies at 77 (msn.com)

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

02-10-2021, 01:36 AM

Sad news. Seems too young. Marty always struck me as one of those guys who would still be puttering around NFL events when he was in his 90's.

Still the only Browns coach I've ever liked and respected. R.I.P., Marty.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

02-10-2021, 02:57 AM

He was a great coach that seemed to have his teams very competitive, but for some reason, his seasons alway ended due to one or two plays where a player got the yips, Byner fumble for an example. RIP Marty. may the “Gleam” live on!