a clip on mask effectiveness
sandfan
Hall of Famer

02-14-2021, 04:30 AM

Decades of data are being ignored by political forces.  I firmly believe the government's approach to covid (shuttering businesses, masks for and sequestering all people) is worse than the disease.  OSHA and NIOSH standards have been and are being ignored.  The only rational reason for this is an overt desire to garner control over our lives and freedoms and maybe as a tool to unseat a President.

These experts provide strong data backed arguments against mask wearing.  Watch and see if you agree they have a better handle on this than your governor.  I live in SC and our guy has fallen for the charade.  I bet yours has as well.

https://thehighwire.com/videos/mask-whis...3nxQyk9kbw
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

02-15-2021, 03:12 AM

So far our governor hasn’t fallen for the charade. I think it is a terrible flu that was used for many reasons, including the ones you mention above. Now they don’t know how to end it.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
Barney
Hall of Famer

02-15-2021, 04:44 AM

(02-15-2021, 03:12 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Now they don’t know how to end it.

Why would they end something willingly that grants them so much power and control of everyday American lives?
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

02-15-2021, 07:41 AM

(02-15-2021, 04:44 AM)Barney Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 03:12 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Now they don’t know how to end it.

Why would they end something willingly that grants them so much power and control of everyday American lives?

Very good point. I just saw were Emperor Xiden wants to enact more draconian measures including travel bans.

Next - Minkah, #39!
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

02-15-2021, 07:42 AM

Very good point. I just saw were Emperor Xiden wants to enact more draconian measures including travel bans.

Next - Minkah, #39!
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

02-15-2021, 07:42 AM

(02-15-2021, 03:12 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: He Now they don’t know how to end it.

Next - Minkah, #39!
Barney
Hall of Famer

02-16-2021, 12:11 PM

(02-15-2021, 07:42 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Very good point. I just saw were Emperor Xiden wants to enact more draconian measures including travel bans.

Funny how the Left now embraces Walls and Travel Bans. I still recall the old days when they didn't... like 6 weeks ago... huh...

The quality of a decision is strictly a measure of the presence or absence of a D by your name if you're a Democrat.  I think that's how Cuomo has managed to keep his job for so long. Cuomo was THE BEST GOV DeSantis the worst... strange how reality just doesn't comport to that viewpoint though.

Seek the Way, the Truth, and the Life!
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

02-22-2021, 12:43 PM

(02-14-2021, 04:30 AM)sandfan Wrote: Decades of data are being ignored by political forces.  I firmly believe the government's approach to covid (shuttering businesses, masks for and sequestering all people) is worse than the disease.  OSHA and NIOSH standards have been and are being ignored.  The only rational reason for this is an overt desire to garner control over our lives and freedoms and maybe as a tool to unseat a President.

These experts provide strong data backed arguments against mask wearing.  Watch and see if you agree they have a better handle on this than your governor.  I live in SC and our guy has fallen for the charade.  I bet yours has as well.

https://thehighwire.com/videos/mask-whis...3nxQyk9kbw

Hey Sand fan, tell that to my brother. Oh, You can’t, he died from it. He got it from hanging with infected unmasked people at a camping outing.  Just wear the damn mask and stop whining about it. 

If you want to get pissed, be pissed over the absolute cluster with dispensing the vaccine. Be pissed over gun control, be pissed over abortion on demand, be pissed over giving the taxes  we pay to people that are not needy, be pissed about sending money to study gender identification issues, get pissed at the national  media that lies and distorts reality for most Americans, just wear the damn mask. 

If wearing a mask only keeps one person from being infected or dying IMO, it’s worth the National effort.  BTW, you are more than welcome to post any supporting scientific studies that supports that NOBODY avoided a Covid infection, and  or prevented the spread of Covid-19 while wearing a mask. 

I will grant you masking is not 100%, but the only one thing in life that is 100% for certain is you are going to die. The truth is you don’t have the right to negatively effect other people’s morbidity and or mortality by not wearing a mask.  In legal terms it’s called Depraved Indifference (thank you Law and Order). You may not have pulled the trigger, but as an unwitting participant you are guilty just the same. Wear the mask.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

02-22-2021, 10:55 PM

DB,

I am sorry you lost your brother to the virus. I have not lost any friends or family to it but I have experienced death in other arenas so I have some understanding of your pain I have to assume, by your summary, the virus was the only cause of his death. Is that correct?

I wear a mask where the law dictates. I don't where it does not. I've always been a law abiding citizen. Even in this case when I think the law is ineffective. I have little fear of a disease that might kill me less than something like .002% of the time, I tested positive, 3 days after my wife, about 60 days ago. Never had one symptom but quarantined myself for 14 days. In my view I am guilty of nothing except good health and proper conduct. The junk I've read recently seems to indicate too many "leaders" are suggesting we will be wearing masks the rest of this year if not into 2022.

I believe that's just fear spreading and another attempt to control freedom. Masks for healthy people does not make sense. If you are ill wear one, stay home as much as possible and allow society to regain it's footing. That's common sense and it seems to work in most cases.

Masks and shuttering the economy are more political theater than they should be. The idea that wearing two or three masks is a logical next step seems almost idiotic and, at least for me, points out the folly of the approaches taken. Forcing businesses to close and the resultant impact on American families was, at least in my view, ill advised.

The unbelievably quick and impressive development and introduction of the vaccines was a major and worthwhile challenge to address this virus. That's real science at work. Not political theater. Thank God we had a leader with the will to get that done.

However, I fear it was just a first step and we will be asked to inject on a regular basis (like flu shots) as the virus mutates. I used to have to endure inoculations when I traveled for business. Never liked that but it was a requirement. After I retired my wife forced me to get shots for shingles and pneumonia. The first went well. The pneumonia shot landed me in the ER twice.

I'm 75 and in pretty good health. I don't plan to get a virus shot, or two depending on the system, at this time. Several of my friends are in good health and are taking this same path. It's likely my wife will get the vaccine. She's a big believer in better living through medical chemistry. I've never had a flu shot and never had the flu. Unlike my wife, I'm a believer in herd immunity and healthy life choices.

Maybe some will feel avoiding the vaccine will be selfish on my part but it is my life first and foremost that I can try to control. It's just not in me to do everything and anything society dictates. I am quite conservative in my political and social views and do object to all of the ancillary items you included in your note. Your list would be a jump off point for me to cite the errors made by the politicians who sadly run America.

Again, I am sorry for your loss. I hope your pain will ease as time passes.
Barney
Hall of Famer

02-22-2021, 11:48 PM

(02-22-2021, 12:43 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: He got it from hanging with infected unmasked people at a camping outing.  Just wear the damn mask and stop whining about it. 

All we can say for certain is that masks are NOT 100% effective and clearly his mask failed to protect him while he was camping. Again I'm terribly sorry for your loss but I don't see how forcing people to wear PPE that's known to be ineffective, given your own anecdotal evidence, makes much sense. 

We're all responsible for our own decisions and actions.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

02-24-2021, 01:39 AM

so the millions of those that have covid never wore a mask. The Thousands that died never wore a mask. I had Covid. Had it in the summer. To my knowledge I was never close to anyone that didn't have a mask on. I wore a mask and cleaned my hands continually. Only went to the store here in Harrisburg at 0600 to 0700 when seniors were allowed. I NEVER saw an unmasked individual in there. Ever. Went to church on saturday evening outdoors. Sat many feet away from everyone and still wore a mask. Guess what? I got Covid. I wear a mask in public so people that believe this crap will leave ma alone. I am sorry for the loss of your brother. Sounds like when he went camping with infected individuals he made his choice. We all make choices. The same people pushing taxes, abortion, gun control are the same people telling us to wear masks. At some point I'm done wearing this thing. I've risked my life in vietnam and Iraq. If I choose to not wear a mask it will be my choice. Again I'm sorry for anyone that has died from COVID. People in my church that have worn masks even in cars caught it. Sorry db but I disagree with your statement.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

03-07-2021, 08:43 AM

Just asking, but does anybody ride a motor cycle? Ever clean the inside of the visor? You know, the splatter spots, the residue from breathing? On your next trip, pick a mask any mask, and go on a nice long ride, then take notice of what the inside of your visor looks like when you get home.

A further point to ponder while we are so focused on Covid-19, have you realized that since the sane members of society have been following Covid-19 protocols, influenza infections have about disappeared. So the facts are in, if don’t want to follow protocols for Covid-19, do it to prevent you from getting the flu.

Wear the mask.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

03-07-2021, 09:12 AM

(02-22-2021, 11:48 PM)Barney Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 12:43 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: He got it from hanging with infected unmasked people at a camping outing.  Just wear the damn mask and stop whining about it. 

All we can say for certain is that masks are NOT 100% effective and clearly his mask failed to protect him while he was camping. Again I'm terribly sorry for your loss but I don't see how forcing people to wear PPE that's known to be ineffective, given your own anecdotal evidence, makes much sense. 

We're all responsible for our own decisions and actions.

Thanks for for the condolences. 

Let me ask you this, you say this is about government control? A little trip down history lane.  How about when the the various government agencies criminalized spitting in public in an effort to prevent the spread tuberculosis?  Was that an intrusion on rights? No, but for the most part tuberculosis rare in this country.  Waste water treatment was the government trying  to prevent you from taking a dump in your back yard a rights infringement? No, but typhoid, and diphtheria cases disappeared. 

The fact is Covid-19 is not the first time this government has mandated a change of behavior, but reading these posts on this forum are beyond a a juvenile hissy fit. 

The point of the matter while you are of the opinion that masks are not 100% effective is 100% correct. What you fail to acknowledge is that they aren’t  100% ineffective. 

BTW, name one safety measure that is 100% effective. Other than God, there is no 100% sure thing anywhere in this universe. 

Wear the mask. It will keep you from getting the flu, and on that score, COVID-19 protocols are working famously. The rest of us non-paranoids will gladly accept whatever percentage of effectiveness against the spread of Covid-19 your masking will provide, and be great full for it.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-07-2021, 10:49 AM

(03-07-2021, 09:12 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Wear the mask. It will keep you from getting the flu, and on that score, COVID-19 protocols are working famously. 

Big $%&#ing deal. The draconian COVID protocols are over the top and have cost MILLIONS of people their jobs with little demonstrable health benefit. In terms of mental and spiritual health, the protocols have made things worse.  

I'll take my chances with the flu any day.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

03-08-2021, 02:53 AM

(03-07-2021, 10:49 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 09:12 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Wear the mask. It will keep you from getting the flu, and on that score, COVID-19 protocols are working famously. 

Big $%&#ing deal. The draconian COVID protocols are over the top and have cost MILLIONS of people their jobs with little demonstrable health benefit. In terms of mental and spiritual health, the protocols have made things worse.  

I'll take my chances with the flu any day.

I'm tired of debating it Tim.  Just tired.  Millions that observed the protocols have gotten COVID.  Politicians forced nursing homes to take elderly patients with COVID causing a huge number of COVID deaths to those amongst us that are most vulnerable.  People losing their jobs, homes, businesses, suicides through the roof.  Like I said I wear a mask to keep people from bothering me in public.  I observed every single protocol and STILL got covid.  Done with it
Barney
Hall of Famer

03-20-2021, 07:03 AM

(03-07-2021, 09:12 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Thanks for for the condolences. - They're heartfelt.

Let me ask you this, you say this is about government control?  - It's not about Government Control it's about Freedom. I won't stop you from wearing a mask, you don't force me to wear one... particularly since we can both agree it's not 100% effective AND now it's recommended to wear multiple for an enhanced chance ~75% of protection.

Wear the mask. It will keep you from getting the flu, - If that were true then we wouldn't have a problem with COVID-19.

COVID-19 protocols are working famously. ~136,000 COVID-19 Deaths since Biden took office. - The media just doesn't cover the death toll for Biden the way they did for President Trump. 

The rest of us non-paranoids will gladly accept whatever percentage of effectiveness against the spread of Covid-19 your masking will provide, and be great full for it. -  I don't think it's paranoia to prefer the freedom of choice - if you feel it protects you wear a mask but don't force me just to please an unproven point of view

Let's stand 6 feet away... Now let's stand 3 feet away.. We don't need to wear masks, We need to wear one masks, now we need to wear multiple masks. - I don't buy the hype. I don't trust Fauci.

It's a virus and I stated from the beginning that we'll have as much success controlling this virus as we have had controlling the Flu. Not due to disinterest but due to common habits we all share like touching our Eyes, Noes, and Mouth, which while wearing a masks occurs more frequently.

I always carry a mask on me because I know the virus knows, that if I have a mask, whether it's on correctly or not, not to infect me. It's just like when we go to restaurants the virus knows not to infect the people in a seated position but if you're walking up right you're at risk of infection.  Also, according to our media the virus is racist. WHO knew. 

Somehow I missed your response. See my comments in Purple.
Rollers
Hall of Famer

03-22-2021, 12:11 PM

how did the millions of people that wore masks get covid? I dunno. The vast majority of them wore masks. But hell we will probably be forced to wear masks for the next two years. I don't really care anymore.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-22-2021, 01:04 PM

(03-22-2021, 12:11 PM)Rollers Wrote: how did the millions of people that wore masks get covid?   I dunno.  The vast majority of them wore masks.  But hell we will probably be forced to wear masks for the next two years.  I don't really care anymore.

If people want to wear masks, that's fine... wear a mask. If certain businesses choose to continue requiring masks, that's fine, too. It's their call.

But the government mask mandates need to end, as do the ineffective lockdowns (which I expect will eventually be proven to have done far more harm than good).  

Scientific studies have shown since last June that 3' of distancing is 100% as effective as 6' of distancing, but Fauci and his ilk ignored it until the pressure finally became too much last week. Now schools can reopen with 3' of distancing instead of 6', which is a HUUGE game-changer.

It could've/should've been done last year, but the science was ignored because... well, why do you suppose it was ignored? Could it have had anything to do with influencing an election?  Eyes
Vitriol
Special Teamer

03-25-2021, 10:19 PM

(03-22-2021, 01:04 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 12:11 PM)Rollers Wrote: how did the millions of people that wore masks get covid?   I dunno.  The vast majority of them wore masks.  But hell we will probably be forced to wear masks for the next two years.  I don't really care anymore.

If people want to wear masks, that's fine... wear a mask. If certain businesses choose to continue requiring masks, that's fine, too. It's their call.

But the government mask mandates need to end, as do the ineffective lockdowns (which I expect will eventually be proven to have done far more harm than good).  

Scientific studies have shown since last June that 3' of distancing is 100% as effective as 6' of distancing, but Fauci and his ilk ignored it until the pressure finally became too much last week. Now schools can reopen with 3' of distancing instead of 6', which is a HUUGE game-changer.

It could've/should've been done last year, but the science was ignored because... well, why do you suppose it was ignored? Could it have had anything to do with influencing an election?  Eyes

This post offends my sensibilities and leaves me disgusted...Because it is so blatantly...

TRUE.

"Never let a crisis go to waste"...Rom Emanuel.

We have a bunch of politicians pretending to be doctors/dictators AND we have doctors (Fauci/Faust) trading their objectivity for celebrity/power that they are acting like politicians.  I'm sick of our freedoms being trampled on.  Our constitutional rights don't only apply when things are going well.  Our rights are especially important and need to be defended against the government when things aren't going well and the government makes power grabs.  

CDC or WHO (can't remember which) did a multi-decade study showing that masks had minimal effectiveness in preventing viral transmission.  Those study results were easily found when Faust said that only health-care workers needed masks earlier last year...  After Faust reversed course, those stories about the ineffectiveness of masks are next to impossible to find on line...

During the pandemic, Liquor stores remained open, but our our right to assemble and worship was banned for far too long.  Churches remained closed while rioters were allowed to assemble and praise a Marxist ideology.  It will be interesting (and sad) to see what the church landscape looks like in 2024.  I'm sure BLM had more converts than all of Christianity combined in the US in 2020.  It's a downward spiral from here without some sort of awakening.  I can't see that happening with the information censors running all of social media.

I think the damage done by the shutdown will outweigh the actual losses from the virus...(in freedoms, lives, health, and economically).

Personally, I have only been minimally inconvenienced by the virus.  I am thankful to God and can only pray that those who couldn't work will recover quickly.  Not sure what will happen to the landlords who are due 12+ months of rent.  I seriously doubt that tenants will be forced to pay back-rent for the time when they were given a hiatus. 

I was hoping to avoid an extended rant...Sorry.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

03-30-2021, 06:20 AM

I don't have Facebook so I can't watch.

It appears now the zealots in charge are pondering to require "Vaccine Passports" in the future. No passport you are pretty much out of luck if you wish to travel, dine out, shop at your local grocery store or pretty much anything else.

Next - Minkah, #39!
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 06:21 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
Rollers
Hall of Famer

03-30-2021, 06:26 AM

For those that think the government cares about your freedom. Here is the CDC director telling us were "doomed"

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky during a White House briefing on Monday warned of "impending doom" amid a recent increase in coronavirus cases and related hospitalizations. Walensky appeared to hold back tears as she expressed concerns the U.S. could soon bear witness to a fourth surge — even as the country has averaged some 2.7 million vaccinations over the past week alone.

The U.S. in recent days surpassed 30 million cases of COVID-19, with the 7-day average of new cases around 60,000 — what Walenksy said represents about a 10% increase compared to the previous seven days.

"Hospitalizations are up and deaths are slowly starting to rise with about 1,000 deaths per day," she said.

"Now is one of those times when I have to share the truth and I have to hope and trust you will listen," Walensky continued. "I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom. We have so much to look forward to, so much promise and potential of where we are, and so much reason for hope, but right now, I'm scared… please hold on a little while longer."

So note that she asks to "hold on just a little longer" Sound familiar? Screw it I'm done wearing a mask.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

04-01-2021, 07:12 AM

I wonder if the surge (if there is one) has anything to do with allowing undocumented aliens into the country without being checked for the virus or quarantined? Just thinking out loud.

Next - Minkah, #39!