2011 AFC Wildcard Steelers 23 at Broncos 29 OT
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-02-2021, 08:39 AM

2011 AFC Wildcard Steelers 23 at Broncos 29 OT

Tim Tebow stuns the injury-depleted Steelers in overtime. After falling behind 20-6 at halftime, a limping Ben Roethlisberger rallies the Steelers with 17 points in the 2nd half, tying the game on a 31-yd TD strike to Jerricho Cotchery with 3:48 left. But on the first play of OT, Demaryius Thomas gathers in Tebow's play-action pass at the Denver 38, stiff-arms Ike Taylor and outraces safety Ryan Mundy (subbing for Ryan Clark) for an 80-yd TD to win a shocker.
gdragon33
Special Teamer

08-15-2021, 06:17 AM

(03-02-2021, 08:39 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: 2011 AFC Wildcard Steelers 23 at Broncos 29 OT

Tim Tebow stuns the injury-depleted Steelers in overtime. After falling behind 20-6 at halftime, a limping Ben Roethlisberger rallies the Steelers with 17 points in the 2nd half, tying the game on a 31-yd TD strike to Jerricho Cotchery with 3:48 left. But on the first play of OT, Demaryius Thomas gathers in Tebow's play-action pass at the Denver 38, stiff-arms Ike Taylor and outraces safety Ryan Mundy (subbing for Ryan Clark) for an 80-yd TD to win a shocker.

the biggest factor wasnt really an injury...ryan clark was kept out due to his life threatening medical condition (non injury) i really feel had he not been medically compromised by the altitude or the game were played anywhere else we win this game easy 
Remington Steelers
Special Teamer

01-03-2022, 07:30 AM

(03-02-2021, 08:39 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: 2011 AFC Wildcard Steelers 23 at Broncos 29 OT

At this point, I really don't care about anything NFL anymore.  But this game is a prime example why you should ONLY use winning the division as a hierarchy for REACHING the playoffs!  So, YOU WIN YOU'RE IN!

After that, once the playoffs are set, then I think they should determine seeding based on overall record first then division record second.  Since on any given Sunday, even an 8-8 team can beat a 12-4 team, they should have to do it in the home stadium of the team that finished with the overwhelmingly better record.  This was a travesty (Denver 8-8 vs Pittsburgh 12-4)!!  If this game is played at Heinz Field, the game does not even go to OT. Of course, that is just my opinion and we will never know for sure now.

Last year when the NFC east was so bad that the winning team had a LOSING record, Washington still got to host a playoff game which is all-out WRONG!  It's time for a positive change where you DO NOT REWARD mediocrity!  Of course that's what I believe the NFL has become and they are so woke, they can't see straight anymore.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 07:43 AM by Remington Steelers.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-03-2022, 10:02 AM

(01-03-2022, 07:30 AM)Remington Steelers Wrote: At this point, I really don't care about anything NFL anymore.  But this game is a prime example why you should ONLY use winning the division as a hierarchy for REACHING the playoffs!  So, YOU WIN YOU'RE IN!

After that, once the playoffs are set, then I think they should determine seeding based on overall record first then division record second.  Since on any given Sunday, even an 8-8 team can beat a 12-4 team, they should have to do it in the home stadium of the team that finished with the overwhelmingly better record.  This was a travesty (Denver 8-8 vs Pittsburgh 12-4)!!  If this game is played at Heinz Field, the game does not even go to OT.  Of course, that is just my opinion and we will never know for sure now.

Last year when the NFC east was so bad that the winning team had a LOSING record, Washington still got to host a playoff game which is all-out WRONG!  It's time for a positive change where you DO NOT REWARD mediocrity!  Of course that's what I believe the NFL has become and they are so woke, they can't see straight anymore.

I agree with you, mediocrity shouldn't be rewarded. I also agree with you on the NFL's "wokeness." When you plaster the names of convicted felons on the back of your helmets to honor them, you've clearly lost your way.  

That said, shame on the Steeler defense for allowing Tim Tebow to get the best of them in OT.