Steeler 2021 draft
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

05-04-2021, 01:29 AM

The complete haul below. Although it takes 2 to 3 years to fully evaluate a draft I'd give this one a "B". 

1/24-Najee Harris-RB-Alabama Arguably the best RB in the draft. Fills one of the Steelers biggest needs. 
Solid pick, A+. 

2/55-Pat Friermuth-TE-Penn St. This pick will probably make or break this draft. Ultimately you want year one starters out of your first 2 picks. Friermuth will not be a starter until year 2 at the earliest. TE's are typically one of the toughest positions for rookies to adapt to. 

He's been compare to Gronk and Heath. Truth be told he probably isn't as good as either right now but he is the most complete TE the have has since Heath. A team-first player, wiiling to block with strong, dependable hands should flourish in Canada's offense. Deceiving speed, good route runner. Let hope he is closer to Heath than Jesse James. The #2 ranked TE in the draft.

3/87-Kendrick Green-C-Illinois If Green can start as a rookie then this will be a good pick. He is a an excellent athlete for the C position and plays with some nasty. Probably could have drafted him at least a half round later. 

Never heard of this guy before the draft. He is slated to be the future center. Plays to the whistle, strong, with a little "nasty". Reminds some of a young "Pouncey". Will need to put on a few pounds. 

4/128-Dan Moore Jr-OT-TAMU Starting LT at an SEC program. Should compete to start year 1.

Likewise never heard of him before but is being touted a solid pick and future starter. 

4/140-Buddy Miller-ILB-TAMU Will be a core special teams player. 7th highest RAS score at ILB. Will provide good depth, but there were better football players at bigger positions of need. 

Depth at ILB, special teams player. Pick: TBD.

5/158 Isaiah Loudermilk-DE-Wisconsin The fact we used a fourth round pick to draft a guy that almost everyone had a UFA grade on is a true head scratcher. This guy will have to be the next Brett Kiesel for this to work. 

Huge reach pick, gave up a draft pick next year to move up. Very questionable pick, time will tell. 

6/216 Quincy Roche-Edge-Miami Fantastic value at this point in the draft. His junior tape was fantastic. Will give rotational pass rush snaps as a rookie. 

Great pick for this round, an absolute steal. I had him on my mock. 

7/245 Tre Norwood-DB-OU A true jack of all trades DB. This kid has played every DB position and is always around the football. I will be shocked if he doesn't make the team. Potential 2022 starter at slot corner. 

Solid pick, versatility, will be groomed as a new Mike Hylton. 

7/254 Pressly Harvin-P-GT If he can beat out Berry than the pick will be worth it. 

Who doesn't want a 265 lb. punter that can run, pass, and tackle. Danny Smith will be chomping his bubble gum working with this guy. 

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 01:33 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)