Don't count Ben out yet..
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

07-15-2021, 12:44 AM

I would never bet against Ben and this article outlines his determination and resolve for the upcoming year. Maybe we see a rejuvenated Ben, nice and svelte. Motivated by the humiliating loss to a coachless Browns team at home (no less) may have lit the fire. It reported his diet is sticker then Brady's. 

Read more: Report: Motivated Off Playoff Loss, Ben Roethlisberger On A 'Stricter' Diet Than Tom Brady - Steelers Depot

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

07-17-2021, 12:57 AM

While I don’t expect Ben to play like he did when he was in his late 20s at his peak, I think he will be more than serviceable and will likely be in the top 10 QBs in the league. The question I have is how well he holds up through the course of the season.

I’m just hoping Tomlin wakes up and decides to pull key players like Ben, when the outcome of a game has becomes a forgone conclusion. It’s a long grind to get through the season, and any rest from snaps off will go along way. Further, guys like Heyward, Hayden, as well as Ben aren’t getting any younger an getting the young pups some extra game exposure couldn’t hurt.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

07-17-2021, 08:17 AM

If the injury bug does not hit with a hammer I expect the OL to hold the key to the season. Ben should be fine. If the running game jumps up to rate at least at the middle of the league the team should have a winning season. I'm not going to predict a title any time soon. They still have coach cliche to overcome.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

07-20-2021, 04:21 AM

(07-17-2021, 08:17 AM)sandfan Wrote: If the injury bug does not hit with a hammer I expect the OL to hold the key to the season.  Ben should be fine.  If the running game jumps up to rate at least at the middle of the league the team should have a winning season.  I'm not going to predict a title any time soon.  They still have coach cliche to overcome.

Sandfan,

I think you are correct. The O-line will be 100% new starters at every position. I believe if they cab jell (there will be learning curves) this unit will far succeed last year's unit and especially O-Line coach.

This year's O-line coach is preaching physicality, something last season's squad sorely missed.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]