Game Thread - Week 1 Bills - let’s roll Steeler Nation…
Rollers
Hall of Famer

09-13-2021, 09:02 PM

Tim be careful with your testicles! You only get two!
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-13-2021, 10:49 PM

(09-13-2021, 09:02 PM)Rollers Wrote: Tim   be careful with your testicles! You only get two!

Laugh

That was RaynorShyne, not me. 

That said, I have zero plans for more kids, so...  Smokin Laugh
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

09-13-2021, 11:16 PM

(09-13-2021, 10:49 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 09:02 PM)Rollers Wrote: Tim   be careful with your testicles! You only get two!

Laugh

That was RaynorShyne, not me. 

That said, I have zero plans for more kids, so...  Smokin Laugh

No more kiddo's for me -

I'll cash 'em in:
  • Right one to get Myron Cope back
  • The other for.....    Mel Blount - and exemption from modern coverage rules :-)
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

09-13-2021, 11:36 PM

Morning news is hilarious. The Steelers didn't beat the Bills - they were victimized by Allen's "untimely inaccuracies"

"After major improvements in 2020, this was closer to the Allen we saw during his first two seasons. The accuracy was all over the place. He still can't find the deep range, and his pocket presence was shaky after getting hit early."
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

09-14-2021, 10:51 PM

I was away on business for 5 days. But was able to find a bar and grill to watch the game on Sunday. What a pass rush! I didnt expect the pass coverage to be that good! Steelers stopped them when it counted at the end. More games will oncover

the Steelers weakness. What a great game. Ben looked rusty, but then again only taking limited snaps in Pre-season, "Thats usually the norm every year" I could be wrong, but the Raiders look like they can give us problems next week..

Ben needs to get rid of the ball faster against that Defense. Should be an interesting Sunday.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-15-2021, 01:59 AM

(09-14-2021, 10:51 PM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: I was away on business for 5 days. But was able to find a bar and grill to watch the game on Sunday.  What a pass rush! I didnt expect the pass coverage to be that good! Steelers stopped them when it counted at the end.  More games will oncover

the Steelers weakness. What a great game.  Ben looked rusty, but then again only taking limited snaps in Pre-season,  "Thats usually the norm every year"   I could be wrong, but the Raiders look like they can give us problems next week..

Ben needs to get rid of the ball faster against that Defense.  Should be an interesting Sunday.

The Raiders showed a lot of heart vs. Baltimore (much like Pittsburgh vs Buffalo). I agree, this will not be an easy game. We have a history of struggling with the Raiders in recent years, despite generally fielding a much better team.

Rule #1 for Pittsburgh: Don't turn the ball over. If we have zero turnovers, we will win.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-15-2021, 01:31 PM

We had them all the way….
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-15-2021, 01:34 PM

(09-15-2021, 01:59 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:51 PM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: I was away on business for 5 days. But was able to find a bar and grill to watch the game on Sunday.  What a pass rush! I didnt expect the pass coverage to be that good! Steelers stopped them when it counted at the end.  More games will oncover

the Steelers weakness. What a great game.  Ben looked rusty, but then again only taking limited snaps in Pre-season,  "Thats usually the norm every year"   I could be wrong, but the Raiders look like they can give us problems next week..

Ben needs to get rid of the ball faster against that Defense.  Should be an interesting Sunday.

The Raiders showed a lot of heart vs. Baltimore (much like Pittsburgh vs Buffalo). I agree, this will not be an easy game. We have a history of struggling with the Raiders in recent years, despite generally fielding a much better team.

Rule #1 for Pittsburgh: Don't turn the ball over. If we have zero turnovers, we will win.

I can’t remember the last time the Raiders played in the Burgh. 1972?  There was some sort of reception going on I gather….
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-15-2021, 11:13 PM

(09-15-2021, 01:34 PM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: I can’t remember the last time the Raiders played in the Burgh. 1972?  There was some sort of reception going on I gather….

Laugh

Not sure if I remember that one...   Nerd