Game Thread - Week 14 - Steelers at Vikings
bbbooger
Hall of Famer

12-10-2021, 02:53 PM

(12-10-2021, 02:49 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Watching Terry Bradshaw rip Matt Canada for running 7 flanker screens vs press coverage.

Yeah, college offense, pure and simple… Works if your guys are, bigger, stronger, faster, than the FCS team you’re playing… NFL: not so much…  Mad
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

12-10-2021, 02:54 PM

(12-10-2021, 02:53 PM)bbbooger Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 02:49 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Watching Terry Bradshaw rip Matt Canada for running 7 flanker screens vs press coverage.

Yeah, college offense, pure and simple… Works if your guys are, bigger, stronger, faster, than the FCS team you’re playing… NFL: not so much…  Mad

Perfectly stated.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

12-10-2021, 02:55 PM

(12-10-2021, 02:47 PM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: Season has been and is officially over

Yep. We're done.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

12-10-2021, 02:56 PM

By the way... that final pass by Ben was absolute PERFECTION. A friggin' laser right on the money in traffic. Fantastic throw. Fantastic effort by Ben.

No shame for Freiermuth in not hanging on, BTW. He got hammered.
bbbooger
Hall of Famer

12-10-2021, 02:57 PM

(12-10-2021, 02:55 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 02:47 PM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: Season has been and is officially over

Yep. We're done.

Honestly, have been… but Ben, Najee, and ‘Muth made us believe in what could have been for a little bit longer…
bbbooger
Hall of Famer

12-10-2021, 03:01 PM

(12-10-2021, 02:56 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: By the way... that final pass by Ben was absolute PERFECTION. A friggin' laser right on the money in traffic. Fantastic throw. Fantastic effort by Ben.

No shame for Freiermuth in not hanging on, BTW. He got hammered.

Yeah, Ben did his part, and then some.  Pains me to see him have to endure Canada’s lame excuse for an NFL playbook.  He deserves so much better.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

12-10-2021, 03:05 PM

(12-10-2021, 02:57 PM)bbbooger Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 02:55 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:

Yep. We're done.

Honestly, have been… but Ben, Najee, and ‘Muth made us believe in what could have been for a little bit longer…

Yeah, I don't think any of us have had any Super Bowl delusions since week 2. 

Can you imagine how awful this season would be without Ben? Man... it's really gonna hurt when he hangs up the cleats. Hope he sticks for another season.
bbbooger
Hall of Famer

12-10-2021, 03:11 PM

(12-10-2021, 03:05 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 02:57 PM)bbbooger Wrote: Honestly, have been… but Ben, Najee, and ‘Muth made us believe in what could have been for a little bit longer…

Yeah, I don't think any of us have had any Super Bowl delusions since week 2. 

Can you imagine how awful this season would be without Ben? Man... it's really gonna hurt when he hangs up the cleats. Hope he sticks for another season.

I’d so love to see what he’d do with a competent NFL OC, Najee, ‘Muth, and just a marginally better line
bbbooger
Hall of Famer

12-10-2021, 03:13 PM

Oh… and eff Ryan Clark for saying Ben is “holding the team back…” WTF, Ryan…?
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

12-10-2021, 03:19 PM

Rockon
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

12-10-2021, 03:21 PM

(12-10-2021, 03:13 PM)bbbooger Wrote: Oh… and eff Ryan Clark for saying Ben is “holding the team back…” WTF, Ryan…?

Yeah, I think he's falling prey to the same thing that gets most of them. They feel like they've gotta say stuff like this to somehow be relevant when it's really just "click bait" cheap stuff. He should know better. I'm sure if he was still with the team and close enough to see what's really going on, he'd be singing a different tune. Because there's nobody on that team that doubts Ben.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

12-10-2021, 03:22 PM

I believe Tomlin made another questionable call with the early 2 point attempt. He just does not seem to grasp the analytics of the game. I'd have kicked it, high percentage of a positive, gotten the total to a one score game and put added pressure on the Vikes.

The punter is not doing the job. I guess he's cheap. That's a savings grace. But cheap mostly gets you crap performance. I've not looked at the metrics but I bet he's near the bottom of the league.

I don't understand why we seem to have centers who cannot effectively shotgun snap. At least the rookie is not rolling the ball back to Ben but the snaps seem to get him a bit off balance way too often. This should not be something overly difficult to practice.

Ben fit the last pass to Muth into an impressively tight window. Too bad he could not complete that catch. The DBs did their job just a bit better than Muth. The ball, however, was there.

Injuries have really hurt this team. The OLB trade came back to bite them. It seemed we played more than half the game without our two OLB starters. The Alluallu and Tuit injuries decimated our DL. The Vikes really bullied the Steelers.

Did Bush make a tackle in this game? He seems to be two steps late to the hole or ball and way too willing to dance with the guy blocking him. Maybe it's the injury recovery process or maybe he's just done. If it's the latter the trade up to draft him really hurts.

I missed watching most of the first half. I understand Ben took quite a beating. The man is a warrior. He almost put the team on his back again in the second half and created another miracle. He's not the problem. I hope he plays another year. With a couple of good draft picks they will have the makings of a competitive team. That's as long as Ben is at QB and injury free. I'd let him call his own plays most of the time and not let Tomlin make any strategic calls. Tomlin should be restricted to what he does best. Unleashing hell and trying to look cool in his shades.

The playoffs look to be a longer shot now. It might be a long winter in the burgh.
bbbooger
Hall of Famer

12-10-2021, 03:33 PM

(12-10-2021, 03:22 PM)sandfan Wrote:

The playoffs look to be a longer shot now.  It might be a long winter in the burgh.

Playoffs… ? (in best Jim Mora screech) PLAYOFFS…?
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-12-2021, 06:37 AM

(12-10-2021, 03:22 PM)sandfan Wrote: I believe Tomlin made another questionable call with the early 2 point attempt.  He just does not seem to grasp the analytics of the game. I'd have kicked it, high percentage of a positive, gotten the total to a one score game and put added pressure on the Vikes.  

The punter is not doing the job.  I guess he's cheap.  That's a savings grace.  But cheap mostly gets you crap performance.  I've not looked at the metrics but I bet he's near the bottom of the league.

I don't understand why we seem to have centers who cannot effectively shotgun snap.  At least the rookie is not rolling the ball back to Ben but the snaps seem to get him a bit off balance way too often.  This should not be something overly difficult to practice.

Ben fit the last pass to Muth into an impressively tight window.  Too bad he could not complete that catch.  The DBs did their job just a bit better than Muth.  The ball, however, was there.

Injuries have really hurt this team.  The OLB trade came back to bite them.  It seemed we played more than half the game without our two OLB starters.  The Alluallu and Tuit injuries decimated our DL.  The Vikes really bullied the Steelers.

Did Bush make a tackle in this game?  He seems to be two steps late to the hole or ball and way too willing to dance with the guy blocking him.  Maybe it's the injury recovery process or maybe he's just done.  If it's the latter the trade up to draft him really hurts.

I missed watching most of the first half.  I understand Ben took quite a beating.  The man is a warrior.  He almost put the team on his back again in the second half and created another miracle.  He's not the problem.  I hope he plays another year.  With a couple of good draft picks they will have the makings of a competitive team. That's as long as Ben is at QB and injury free.  I'd let him call his own plays most of the time and not let Tomlin make any strategic calls.  Tomlin should be restricted to what he does best.  Unleashing hell and trying to look cool in his shades.  

The playoffs look to be a longer shot now.  It might be a long winter in the burgh.

harvin is last in the AFC He's 26th overall
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 06:39 AM by Rollers.)