Steelers' Best Shot at Playoffs (Playoffs? Playoffs?)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-03-2022, 04:25 AM

The Steelers currently have a 14% chance of making the playoffs.

Assuming we beat Cleveland and Baltimore, if the Titans, Colts and Broncos win today, we're in.

Individually, none of these give the Steelers a sure thing nor eliminate us, but they all improve our chances if we can win out.
Broncos (6) beat Chargers (34) - major impact
Colts (20) beat Raiders (23) - major impact
Titans (24) beat Dolphins (3)

No problem, right?  Pi_bigsmile

Chiefs (31) vs Bengals (34) and Rams (20) vs Ravens (19) don't matter as long as we beat the Browns and Ravens.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-03-2022, 07:05 AM

Well... that didn't work out.  Laugh

Now, we'll need help next week (in addition to winning out).

If the Broncos DON'T beat the Chargers today, then we'll be relying on the Jaguars  Scared beating the Colts next week (plus the Raiders beating the Chargers).

If the Broncos DO win today, then we need the Chargers to beat the Raiders next week. 

Those are the only options.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

01-03-2022, 07:31 AM

Sad way for Ben to go out. Being perfectly honest, After looking at this team from early summer and how it was taking shape, I surprised they were in playoff contention at the midway point of the regular season. I’m totally  amazed they got this far minus Alualu and Tuitt.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 07:31 AM by dbsfgyd1.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-03-2022, 07:35 AM

(01-03-2022, 07:31 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Sad way for Ben to go out. Being perfectly honest, After looking at this team from early summer and how it was taking shape, I surprised they were in playoff contention at the midway point of the regular season. I’m totally  amazed they got this far minus Alualu and Tuitt.

Indeed. It's been an awful season, surprised we still have a playoff pulse. 

I have no confidence that we'll win either of our final two games, although I certainly hope we do. 

Even if we do somehow miraculously get in, I have no delusions of going deep in the playoffs.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

01-03-2022, 08:25 AM

(01-03-2022, 07:35 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 07:31 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Sad way for Ben to go out. Being perfectly honest, After looking at this team from early summer and how it was taking shape, I surprised they were in playoff contention at the midway point of the regular season. I’m totally  amazed they got this far minus Alualu and Tuitt.

Indeed. It's been an awful season, surprised we still have a playoff pulse. 

I have no confidence that we'll win either of our final two games, although I certainly hope we do. 

Even if we do somehow miraculously get in, I have no delusions of going deep in the playoffs.

As bad as it was, I still tuned in. Like watching a car stalled on a railroad crossing with a freight train a coming! Ya can’t take your eyes off of it. But as sure as I’m sitting here, I’ll be tuning in next year..LOL!!!
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-03-2022, 09:29 AM

Well, quick update based on the outcomes today.

Here's what has to happen for a Steelers playoff berth:

1) Steelers must beat the Browns tomorrow.
2) Steelers must beat the Ravens next week. 
3) The Jaguars must beat the Colts next week. 

Talk about a long shot... Sick
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-03-2022, 11:17 AM

(01-03-2022, 09:29 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Well, quick update based on the outcomes today.

Here's what has to happen for a Steelers playoff berth:

1) Steelers must beat the Browns tomorrow.
2) Steelers must beat the Ravens next week. 
3) The Jaguars must beat the Colts next week. 

Talk about a long shot... Sick

So you’re saying there’s a chance….

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]