Maybe Bradshaw was right and why you'll miss Ben
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-27-2022, 02:24 AM

Most current Steeler fans are too young to know of the 70's dynasty and how Bradshaw left on bad terms with the team, the city and the fans. I know he has reconciled this but I see the same now with Ben and some of the more illiterate Steelers fans. I am starting to read the entire season failure are being put at the "Big Guy's Feet". Yes, let's put it on Ben. Well I will tell you what, take note of this number: 6-2.

What is 6-2 representing you ask?

6-2 - is why you'll miss Ben.

Ben has the "Heart of a Lion" and never gave up this season. He never gave up against the Chiefs either, even at the end his last pass was down to the 3-yard line. How many times has Cesspool, DJ, Ray-Ray given up on routes or simply dropped the ball. Go back and look at the last 3 plays of the first Bengals game. The Bengals were right; Cesspool quit. 

6-2 represents his W-L record when trailing in the 4th quarter, this season alone. Think MR will match this? How about Haskins? I hope they do but we have witnesses something generational and special with Ben.

Were we spoiled? Yes. Will we see another Ben? No.

The 2 losses you ask? He got the lead back against the Chargers but the defense promply lost the lead again. The other loss? He put the ball in the endzone in Muuuth's hand and a great defensive play was the only that prevented another possible win. That and Cesspool's antics with the clock running out. That and he operated in one of the most putrid and assoholic offense schemes the NFL has ever witnessed or will witness.

Right this season is on Ben, without these 6 come from behind wins we are 3-13-1. Good luck moving forward Coach Neva. Somethiong tells me your record will soon be snapped.

We will miss Ben, for sure. I wouldn't blame him if he did a Bradshaw for 5 or 10 years and rebuted the city. 

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 05:01 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
Barney
Hall of Famer

01-27-2022, 03:21 AM

I think Ben is more mature than Terry is NOW. I don't think he'll need much time away from the game to embrace the city. From all appearances, he's extremely thankful for the opportunity given him with the Steelers and he maximized that opportunity as much as he could. Going to miss Ben for sure.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-27-2022, 03:56 AM

C-town, there's a great graphic that illustrates your point perfectly.

The Steelers would be 4-13 if games ended in 3rd quarter. Instead, we were 9-7-1, and I guarantee the tie with 1-10 Detroit would've been a win had Ben played. 

Ben has done this throughout his career. I'd estimate he's been consistently delivering for 3-4 more wins a year than would've been won without him.

The change happened immediately.
2003: 6-10 without Ben
2004: 15-1 same core team with rookie Ben

Records if games ended with 3rd quarter score:
[Image: if_games_ended_in_3rd_quarter.jpg]
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-27-2022, 05:00 AM

(01-27-2022, 03:21 AM)Barney Wrote: I think Ben is more mature than Terry is NOW. I don't think he'll need much time away from the game to embrace the city. From all appearances, he's extremely thankful for the opportunity given him with the Steelers and he maximized that opportunity as much as he could. Going to miss Ben for sure.

Well I've watched both seasons of "The Bradshaw Bunch" and Terry is Terry. Perhaps the best person on the boob tube. He is just himself.

I always say there isn't anyone else I would want as a neighbor than Terry. (sorry guys). 

Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll

Next - Minkah, #39!
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 05:13 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
Barney
Hall of Famer

01-27-2022, 06:49 AM

(01-27-2022, 03:56 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: C-town, there's a great graphic that illustrates your point perfectly.

The Steelers would be 4-13 if games ended in 3rd quarter. Instead, we were 9-7-1, and I guarantee the tie with 1-10 Detroit would've been a win had Ben played. 

Ben has done this throughout his career. I'd estimate he's been consistently delivering for 3-4 more wins a year than would've been won without him.

The change happened immediately.
2003: 6-10 without Ben
2004: 15-1 same core team with rookie Ben

Records if games ended with 3rd quarter score:
[Image: if_games_ended_in_3rd_quarter.jpg]

Good thing we had Ben... 

and we went ahead and played those 4th quarters!
Barney
Hall of Famer

01-27-2022, 06:50 AM

(01-27-2022, 05:00 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Well I've watched both seasons of "The Bradshaw Bunch" and Terry is Terry. Perhaps the best person on the boob tube. He is just himself.

I always say there isn't anyone else I would want as a neighbor than Terry. (sorry guys). 

Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll

Totally agree. I love Terry and meant no disrespect. He's awesome.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

01-27-2022, 07:30 AM

(01-27-2022, 02:24 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: We will miss Ben, for sure. I wouldn't blame him if he did a Bradshaw for 5 or 10 years and rebuted the city. 

One question, C-Town. I have seen very little negativity toward Ben. To the contrary, he is a beloved figure in Pittsburgh and there's been a tremendous outpouring of love from the fans, the team and the city. To my knowledge, Pittsburgh is Ben's home and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. 

What are you seeing that makes you think Ben is receiving poor treatment?
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

01-27-2022, 09:01 AM

Various sites and your regular village idiot types.

“Maybe we can get a mobile QB.”

“Ben was afraid to get hit.”

Etc., etc., etc.

Next - Minkah, #39!