Mitch T for 2 years
sandfan
Hall of Famer

03-15-2022, 05:32 AM

Signed and in place so the team can focus on OL, DL, ILB and DB positions in the draft.  I think this was a good option vs trading up for a QB this year.

https://track.newsletter.247sports.com/f...bVgEAAAAAA~~
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

03-15-2022, 06:22 AM

Yes, formerly the #2 pick overall. I wish him well and you are correct, we cab concentrate on other areas of team needs in a draft that is woefully weak at the QB position.

I didn't see the terms of the deal yet, hopefully we didn't overpay.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 06:22 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
sandfan
Hall of Famer

03-15-2022, 06:59 AM

How did your relocation go? Smoothly, I hope.

I'm in Pawleys Island. Been here since 2001. My son used to have a distribution business in your area. Handled all of Berkeley County. The growth over the 3 years he was involved was impressive. He operated out of his warehouses in Goose Creek and lived on Daniel Island. Pawleys has also sort of exploded since our move but nothing like Charleston or Horry County.

I spent a day or two most weeks working with him. Charleston is great but the traffic got to be a bit much. Especially if a bridge was part of the issue. He really liked the area. Great spot for a young man. I'd do the 90 minute commute again given the chance. Gladly with no reservations.

I think you used to live in the area. Welcome back.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

03-15-2022, 10:29 AM

(03-15-2022, 06:59 AM)sandfan Wrote: How did your relocation go?  Smoothly, I hope.  

I'm in Pawleys Island.  Been here since 2001.  My son used to have a distribution business in your area.  Handled all of Berkeley County.  The growth over the 3 years he was involved was impressive.  He operated out of his warehouses in Goose Creek and lived on Daniel Island.  Pawleys has also sort of exploded since our move but nothing like Charleston or Horry County.

I spent a day or two most weeks working with him.  Charleston is great but the traffic got to be a bit much.  Especially if a bridge was part of the issue.  He really liked the area.  Great spot for a young man.  I'd do the 90 minute commute again given the chance.  Gladly with no reservations.

I think you used to live in the area.  Welcome back.

Thanks, Sandy. We lived in Summerville from 2002 thru 2008. Lived out in Arizona recently. We now have to find a new home to live in. We looked with no luck last weekend. We will continue to look near the same area.

Next - Minkah, #39!
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

03-19-2022, 01:27 PM

(03-15-2022, 05:32 AM)sandfan Wrote: Signed and in place so the team can focus on OL, DL, ILB and DB positions in the draft.  I think this was a good option vs trading up for a QB this year.

https://track.newsletter.247sports.com/f...bVgEAAAAAA~~

You do realize we are short a couple of WRs…the Steelers need a speed demon to take the top of the defense. The Steelers haven’t had one since the Bryant years.

You may want to go back an review game film (thanks to our host_ and see just what an impact he had.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

03-22-2022, 06:35 AM

Well we lost 3 WRs if you count Ray-Ray. DJ and Claypool are nothing to write home about. We will need to look at WR in FA or early and often in the draft.

Next - Minkah, #39!
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-23-2022, 11:13 AM

I'm reasonably happy with the pickup of Trubisky. An upgrade from Rudolph IMO, and maybe he'll live up to at least a little bit of that #2 overall pick status? There's unrealized potential, it's worth a shot.

I'd take the Trubisky signing ANY day over what the Browns just did with DeShaun Watson. Dumbfounded by that move. I hope they get what they deserve.