Are there games that still bother certain NFL fans?
lambert5874
Special Teamer

04-06-2022, 04:39 PM

And what fan base has had the most times they disappointed their fans? I think Cleveland has had the more times where they just disappointed the fans. Cleveland fans have nightmares over games they played.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

04-07-2022, 12:14 AM

(04-06-2022, 04:39 PM)lambert5874 Wrote: And what fan base has had the most times they disappointed their fans? I think Cleveland has had the more times where they just disappointed the fans. Cleveland fans have nightmares over games they played.

Oh, man... it's GOT to be the Browns. No question.

The '70s Browns were dismal. To kick off the '80s, the Kardiac Kids and Brian Sipe gave fans "Red Right 88."  Laugh  The '80s ended with the Browns making the playoffs 5 straight times... only to disappoint fans 5 straight times, including 3 AFC Championship losses to Denver (two of which were so gut-wrenching that we all still know them by their nicknames: "The Drive" and "The Fumble"). Laugh

The 90's included a crushing playoff 29-9 loss to Pittsburgh (in a season where Pittsburgh beat Bill Belichick's Browns 3 straight times)... and then Art Modell took the team and flippin' LEFT Cleveland.  Laugh

Back in '99, throttled 43-0 in their opener vs. the Steelers, and they've been languishing in futility ever since.  Laugh 

Big Ben finished with a 26-3-1 record against the Browns. One of my favorite stats ever is that Ben -- an opposing QB -- was the winningest QB in the "new" Browns stadium's history until 2020, when Baker Mayfield finally overtook Ben.  Laugh

So, yeah... Brown, hands down.  Thumbsup
Eagles Fan
Special Teamer

04-09-2022, 03:40 PM

I'm still not over the 2002 NFC Championship game vs. Tampa and the 2008 NFC Championship at Arizona. **Edit** I'll also add Super Bowl 39. The Eagles were down 24-14 to New England with about 10 minutes left. Surely, they would go into a hurry up mode needing two scores, right? Nope. Instead of a hurry up, the Eagles huddle like it's the 1st quarter, with the out of shape McNabb puking all over the place. Finally, the Eagles score a TD with 2 minutes left. Onside kick time? Nope. Regular kickoff. The Eagles get the ball back with 9 seconds left at their own 10 and McNabb throws an INT to Rodney Harrison. Still pissed off about the lack of urgency from Reid and McNabb.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 04:06 PM by Eagles Fan.)