Antonio Brown wants to retire a Steeler.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

05-17-2022, 02:50 AM

WTH?  That's a more long shot then the 80 to 1 odds winning the Kentucky Derby!

Whats he going to do sign a one day contract during the season, then storm off into the crowd throwing his shirt into the seats?

Your thoughts on this?

Link > https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/antoni...a-steeler/
Rollers
Hall of Famer

05-17-2022, 04:49 AM

I am done with AB. I don't care what he does or who he does it with as long as it's not the Steelers. No to allowing him to do this
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

05-17-2022, 09:00 PM

I just think he lives for attention. I don’t think the Steelers will buy into this.

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]
Krunch
Hall of Famer

05-18-2022, 01:31 AM

I totally think he will get his way. This current owner/coach mess shows no real respect to the heritage and culture of the Steelers. Hope I’m wrong though.

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

05-18-2022, 05:23 AM

It's such a shame how things ended with AB. Having seen what a train wreck he truly is, I now give Tomlin a measure of grace for keeping him on the rails as long as he did. I know some will argue that Tomlin helped create the monster, and while I understand that sentiment, I no longer share it. 

AB was a GREAT receiver for Pittsburgh (during the regular season). Sadly, he mostly disappeared during the postseason throughout his career, but he owns every regular season record by a wide margin. 

Era has a lot to do with those records, of course. Swann and Stallworth are still head and shoulders above him. Hines is as well, albeit perhaps only by virtue of his sanity. Despite his mental issues, AB was great on the field and until the last season or so, one of my favorite players. 

All that said... he doesn't deserve to retire a Steeler. He disgraced himself and the team. The Standard is the Standard, and he failed to uphold it.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

05-18-2022, 10:02 AM

(05-18-2022, 05:23 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: It's such a shame how things ended with AB. Having seen what a train wreck he truly is, I now give Tomlin a measure of grace for keeping him on the rails as long as he did. I know some will argue that Tomlin helped create the monster, and while I understand that sentiment, I no longer share it. 

AB was a GREAT receiver for Pittsburgh (during the regular season). Sadly, he mostly disappeared during the postseason throughout his career, but he owns every regular season record by a wide margin. 

Era has a lot to do with those records, of course. Swann and Stallworth are still head and shoulders above him. Hines is as well, albeit perhaps only by virtue of his sanity. Despite his mental issues, AB was great on the field and until the last season or so, one of my favorite players. 

All that said... he doesn't deserve to retire a Steeler. He disgraced himself and the team. The Standard is the Standard, and he failed to uphold it.

Tim, I agree...   a lot of things I saw and thought.     His last year in Pittsburgh, he wanted the ball more and was asking Ben to throw it his way. But he wasn't getting separation from defenders

"Which tells me he's slowing down"

He was never really the super receiver with other teams as he was in his prime with the Steelers. And he was lucky enough to have a great QB like Ben to get him the ball like he did.  

After losing a step AB Knew it.  He just signed on with other teams to be a slot receiver and it showed. This is my take -

And it would explain why Ben was throwing pics his way when he couldn't get open.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2022, 10:03 AM by Cali-Steeler.)