Steeler - Browns - Check-in and game day thread
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-23-2022, 01:52 PM

(09-22-2022, 11:28 PM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Checking in for a Thursday night match-up of the Steelers and Browns.

I am not sure if I have ever predicted against the Steelers but am doing so now. This inept and feckless offense of Canada's will result in many, many 3 and outs and the RB duo of Chubb and Hunt will eventually tire our defense. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see much hope in an offense that has scored 2 TD's in 9 quarters of play.  

Browns 24

Steelers 6

Sadly, you called it, C-Town.  Sick
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

09-23-2022, 01:55 PM

..... >>  This has been a "Mike Tomlin approved game"  !    Every problem falls on the head coach. and every year we're not ready.

This is bullshit.  Any head coach would take over duty's at offense play calling if this game was going to shit.  Pickens barely got the ball.

> All game I'm calling for muth.   They got the ball to him at the end. WTF?   We have no one driving the boat. Even our head coach is out to lunch.

Defense was tired and gassed.
Krunch
Hall of Famer

09-23-2022, 01:58 PM

If there is anything positive to be said, the level of offensive suck was not as high a level of suck as last week.

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 01:59 PM by Krunch.)
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

09-23-2022, 10:45 PM

"I'd like to compliment Cleveland. They did what was required for victory, and you have to acknowledge that," Tomlin said. "I thought they controlled the line of scrimmage, particularly in the second half. If you can't slow down Chubb, you can't beat this group. We kind of knew that and we didn't get it done. We have to own the outcome and we will, so there's not really a lot to talk about. We'll look at this tape and learn, get better, and get better very fast."

The a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e worst thing that can happen is the Steelers finishing 9-7.   I don't think I can listen to more pundits talking about the "greatness" of Tomlin and the "never had a losing season" BS anymore.  In the 13 years since he 'won' Super Bowl XLIII, he's 5-8 in the playoff and out of 13 tries, won the AFC North 5 times.  

"Tomlin doesn't lose" - yeah, well even with HoF talent at his disposal, Tomlin doesn't win either

Mediocrity - thou art "The Standard"  

Santonio Holmes, Le'Veon "Imma Need" Bell, Antonio Brown, Marcanibus Bryant, Damontae Kazee, Eli Rogers  - Thou art "The Legacy"
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 10:47 PM by RaynorShyne.)