First NFL regular season game in Germany
steelerkraut
Hall of Famer

11-12-2022, 12:24 AM

Hi guys,

I am sure some of you have mixed feelings about the NFL hosting games outside of the US. However I  happen to be the beneficiary of this type of development. I was able to get a hold of a ticket to the first NFL regular season game in Germany at Munich. I will drive there on Sunday morning with 3 other guys, watch the Seahawks-Bucs game and then go to a watch party to see the rest of the Sunday games. 
Watching the Seahawks play introduced me to the sport in 1981. So while I usually wear my Steelers gear, this time I will wear a retro Seahawks uniform (#10, Jim Zorn). 

I am psyched and hope you find the time after breakfast to tune in!  Big Grin
Friends of mine from Düsseldorf, Germany will be at the Steelers-Saints game in Pittsburgh. 

Go HAWKS and GO STEELERS!
sandfan
Hall of Famer

11-12-2022, 09:07 PM

Grus gott. Ich hoffe sie viel spas haben. Clumsy German but it's the thought that hopefully counts.

I used to work for Bayer and spent some time in Germany working and in an immersion course in Murnau. I really like the time I spent in Bavaria. Leverkeusen was interesting but not where I'd like to reside. Spent 14 years with Bayer but that was in the 1980-90 time frame. No contacts left there for me now.

Munchen is a beautiful city. I've been to Octoberfest and the Hoffbrau house several times. I fear Germans might find all the delays in football unattractive. Especially since they are tuned into soccer.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

11-14-2022, 01:41 AM

(11-12-2022, 12:24 AM)steelerkraut Wrote: Hi guys,

I am sure some of you have mixed feelings about the NFL hosting games outside of the US. However I  happen to be the beneficiary of this type of development. I was able to get a hold of a ticket to the first NFL regular season game in Germany at Munich. I will drive there on Sunday morning with 3 other guys, watch the Seahawks-Bucs game and then go to a watch party to see the rest of the Sunday games. 
Watching the Seahawks play introduced me to the sport in 1981. So while I usually wear my Steelers gear, this time I will wear a retro Seahawks uniform (#10, Jim Zorn). 

I am psyched and hope you find the time after breakfast to tune in!  Big Grin
Friends of mine from Düsseldorf, Germany will be at the Steelers-Saints game in Pittsburgh. 

Go HAWKS and GO STEELERS!

Just tuned in. Bucs up 14-0. Hoping for a Seahawks comeback.  Rockon

I think it's cool that the NFL plays a few games overseas. It's a distraction for the teams, but it impacts both teams, so... so be it. 

Have fun, Kraut! Go Seahawks and GO STEELERS!!!
steelerkraut
Hall of Famer

11-14-2022, 09:02 PM

The game was an overall fun experience.  The Seahawks finally woke up from jetlag toward the end, but could not take the lead. Most fans were dressed in Seahawks gear, but basically all NFL teams were represented, including Steelers. I even spotted a Woodson Jersey. The crowd was energetic and the game was celebrated like a party.  So glad I "won the jackpot" and got a chance to attend. They said, they could have sold 3 million tickets! The following of NFL games has become huge in Germany these past years.
I am certainly looking forward to games in Germany in the future.

[Image: DwD_vfgTRphcieR7OJJaDff4H3O9bb4_Ze2Mn2JI...authuser=0]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2022, 06:00 PM by steelerkraut.)