1978 Steelers 21 at Broncos 17
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

04-07-2017, 07:27 AM

1978 Steelers 21 at Broncos 17

Bradshaw and Stallworth are superb as the Steelers jump out to 21-0 lead at Mile High Stadium in the final game of the regular seasons and then watch from the bench as the Steeler reserves hold off the Broncos in a tune up for the playoffs. Highlighted by an incredible bomb from a scrambling Bradshaw to John Stallworth, who makes an unbelievable leaping grab for a TD. Bradshaw (who plays only in the first half) sets the record for most TD passes in a season (28) since the NFL/AFL merger. Denver comes back late in the game against the Steelers second team players and the game ends with the Broncos failing to get into the end zone from the Steeler 1 yard line on the final play. I have two versions of this game: This version is decent video quality initially but has severely edited huddles and deteriorates as the game progresses (flickers between color and black & white). The other version is unedited but the video quality is pretty bad. 
Unregistered

06-11-2017, 10:48 AM

Between the Baltimore blizzard game at Three Rivers, this game, and the playoff rematch at Three Rivers, the 1978 Steelers were the only team I can ever recall playing three consecutive Saturday games.

Heck, this was the only time I recall a team playing two consecutive Saturdays back when December had such games.

Sidenote- I miss those old late Saturday December games.
Unregistered

06-16-2017, 02:51 AM

Was that Lambert that made the saving tackle at the goal line with no time left?
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

06-16-2017, 10:04 AM

(06-16-2017, 02:51 AM)Guest Wrote: Was that Lambert that made the saving tackle at the goal line with no time left?

Yes, that was none other than Jack Lambert.  Pi_sharpteeth