Why 80's Rock is Much Better than Most of Today's Music
DodlyRaf
Unregistered

07-20-2017, 11:22 PM

The 1980s were the pre-eminent on one occasion in support of music, peculiarly rock. There were so numberless different styles of ruined, like metal and glam lull, and so innumerable unusual bands in each style.There are that time myriad titanic bands from go then that are even so interesting crowds today.

Unlike most of the music there today, people could in truth understand the lyrics to songs in the 80s Music. A oceans of the air lyrics today are rhymed so licentiously that they’re bordering on impossible to understand. Equivalent yet some songs today require a story through the lyrics, most, if not all, 80’s songs told a story. An archetype is “Offer hospitality to to the Jungle” nearby Guns N’ Roses, which tells a dispatch of the mean and risky biography of living in the streets or the ruinous side of a brawny new zealand urban area like Los Angeles.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-21-2017, 12:09 AM

(07-20-2017, 11:22 PM)DodlyRaf Wrote: The 1980s were the pre-eminent on one occasion in support of music, peculiarly rock. There were so numberless different styles of ruined, like metal and glam lull, and so innumerable unusual bands in each style.There are that time myriad titanic bands from go then that are even so interesting crowds today.

Unlike most of the music there today, people could in truth understand the lyrics to songs in the 80's Music. A oceans of the air lyrics today are rhymed so licentiously that they’re bordering on impossible to understand. Equivalent yet some songs today require a story through the lyrics, most, if not all, 80’s songs told a story. An archetype is “Offer hospitality to to the Jungle” nearby Guns N’ Roses, which tells a dispatch of the mean and risky biography of living in the streets or the ruinous side of a brawny new zealand urban area like Los Angeles.

Normally, I would simply delete a Russian SPAM post, but I can't pass up the opportunity to talk shit about their translation software...

"Offer Hospitality to to the Jungle"  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

And who knew LA was a brawny New Zealand urban area?  Nerd
RaynorShyne
Special Teamer

09-27-2017, 03:09 AM

Ah, yes. Great album. I fondly remember jamming out to "Moving in rhythmic motions with Mr Brownstone" - which, as we all know, is about the plight of a one-legged man living in a 3rd floor walk up in Greenwich Village.....
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-01-2017, 08:47 AM

(09-27-2017, 03:09 AM)RaynorShyne Wrote: Ah, yes.  Great album.  I fondly remember jamming out to "Moving in rhythmic motions with Mr Brownstone" - which, as we all know, is about the plight of a one-legged man living in a 3rd floor walk up in Greenwich Village.....

Laugh
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

10-05-2017, 12:00 AM

80s music? While it is certainly better than today which is mostly cranked out on computers (cut and paste sure can cut down on studio time), IMO rock music has been in a state of decline since the 60’s. There are only so many ways you can tweak the 13 notes available in western music, and frankly, the writers today have no new territory to claim, and are stuck with rehashing old ideas, using newer production techniques. Kind of like putting lipstick on the same old pig.

What is sad is the day of live musical performance is going away, gone in favor of DJs and click tracks, and dancers to distract you from an astounding lack of talent. As a working musician ( still ), for over 50 years, it’s disheartening not being able to find regular work. Of course, at this age, I’m about as entertaining as a potted plant, but that’s another story.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-05-2017, 02:13 PM

My favorite lyrics from the '80s are from that Joan Jett classic... 

"I have a deep fondness for contemporary music, put another ten-cent piece in the record-playing apparatus, infant."  

Pi_bigsmile
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

10-08-2017, 12:26 AM

(10-05-2017, 02:13 PM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: My favorite lyrics from the '80s are from that Joan Jett classic... 

"I have a deep fondness for contemporary music, put another ten-cent piece in the record-playing apparatus, infant."  

Pi_bigsmile

Para phrased...lol!! Funny thing about the 80s. I played in a commercial band from 82-82 playing mostly current hits, and frankly, I don’t remember much in the way of the lyrics. What I remember is that most of the music was easy to replicate live with limited instrumentation, a big plus for the compensation end of things.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-08-2017, 12:59 AM

Ah, gotta love Google Translate.  Pi_bigsmile  An '80s metal classic translated from English to French, then back to English. 

Well, I'm a researcher. Piledriver
My mother says I never, she did not bother him.
I have no brain. I'm crazy.
The teacher says that I suffer from great pain.
I'm like a laser. Six-string make-up.
I had a mouth like an alligator.
I want it harder.
More power.
I'll swing it until it strikes the hour.

Strike your head.
The health of the metals will make you fake.
Strike your head.
The health of the metals will make you fake.
RaynorShyne
Special Teamer

10-14-2017, 02:38 AM

I have no brain. I'm crazy.
The teacher says that I suffer from great pain.

Yeah, that sounds like Kevin DuBrow :-)

Most people don't know Quiet Riot was founded by Randy Rhodes