2017 upcoming season >
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

07-30-2017, 06:27 AM

Looking at the regular season schedule,

> Week 12 against the packers could be the start of a brutal 4 game problem. I know any game is win-able or lose-able. But those 4 games are very potential to come out bruised up and injury prone. That would leave us 

vulnerable to the Texans afterword... Which would mean we need to fly out of the gate at the beginning of the season and win as much as possible. Whats your take?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-30-2017, 07:53 AM

(07-30-2017, 06:27 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote: Looking at the regular season schedule,

> Week 12 against the packers could be the start of a brutal 4 game problem. I know any game is win-able or lose-able. But those 4 games are very potential to come out bruised up and injury prone. That would leave us vulnerable to the Texans afterword... Which would mean we need to fly out of the gate at the beginning of the season and win as much as possible. Whats your take?

Agreed, that's a pretty brutal stretch, Cali. It's definitely going to be important to get off to a fast start. Other than the divisional games vs. Baltimore and Cinci which are always a challenge, only the Chiefs game looms large for me in the first half of the schedule. The "homer" in me says 8-0 when I look at the first 8 games, but the realist in me says 6-2. Anything less than 6-2 really puts us in a precarious situation playoffs-wise.

You what strikes me are how many NIGHT games we have in the 2nd half of the season. I definitely like the bye at mid-season. 

Regarding the second half of the schedule, lots of pitfalls. Luck and Mariota should be back, instantly elevating the Colts and Titans over last year. Again, the divisional games vs. the Ravens and Bengals, always tough. The Patriots seem to always have our number. The Packers will let us know if our secondary has indeed improved, although losing to them would be preferable to losing to anyone else just because they're NFC.

I look at this schedule and see 11-5. I'd love to predict 14-2... and maybe that's possible if the three B's stay healthy, Bryant reaches his potential and the defense improves over last year (and I think the D was headed in the right direction, other than the Patriots debacle). But my gut tells me 11-5.

And then it depends on what match-ups we get in the playoffs.
Garrett Garlits
Starting Lineup

07-30-2017, 04:58 PM

This is as good a place as any to ask this, Tim: Are you going to put up videos of this year's games during the season or wait until afterward and mix them in with the classic games? I don't really care one way or the other; it's all Steeler football to me. I'd just like to know what to expect.

Also, have you started to rebuild your collection from the crash you had that wiped out most of the 2000s? It would be a shame to not have some of those games, like the Wild Card game at Cincinnati two years ago, just to name one.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-30-2017, 11:12 PM

(07-30-2017, 04:58 PM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: This is as good a place as any to ask this, Tim: Are you going to put up videos of this year's games during the season or wait until afterward and mix them in with the classic games? I don't really care one way or the other; it's all Steeler football to me. I'd just like to know what to expect.

Also, have you started to rebuild your collection from the crash you had that wiped out most of the 2000s? It would be a shame to not have some of those games, like the Wild Card game at Cincinnati two years ago, just to name one.

Thankfully, Keith "Crash" Froehlich -- who edited and digitized the 2004, 2005 & 2008 seasons for us -- is also helping me rebuild the games I lost from 2006-present. 

As for uploading games from the current season, I don't think I want to poke that bear if you know what I mean.  Pi_wink1
Garrett Garlits
Starting Lineup

07-31-2017, 02:50 AM

Yes, Tim, I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for answering.

Good news about the rebuilt collections. Hopefully we see something before too long.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 02:56 AM by Garrett Garlits.)
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-31-2017, 05:29 AM

(07-31-2017, 02:50 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: Yes, Tim, I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for answering.

Good news about the rebuilt collections. Hopefully we see something before too long.

Well... don't hold your breath too much. LOL. I can upload 7-8 games a week and I still have to finish '04, then start '05 and '08 along with the older '90s stuff that I slip in between the newer games.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

08-02-2017, 07:30 AM

I like our chances in prime time games.

No Risk it - No Biscuit - Bruce Arians 
Crash
All Pro Veteran

08-02-2017, 08:24 AM

Prime time home games are almost guaranteed wins for us.

Not so much on the road.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

08-02-2017, 08:47 AM

No a bad record, oddly enough tied with the Rats. The cheaters lead the pack.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3k...ince_2006/

No Risk it - No Biscuit - Bruce Arians