2004 Steelers 20 vs Ravens 7
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

07-31-2017, 10:57 PM

2004 Steelers 20 vs Ravens 7

Still-unbeaten, Ben Roethlisberger throws 2 TD passes in a run-heavy offense before being pulled from a 20-7 Steelers victory with a rib injury caused by a blindside cheap shot by P.O.S. Terrell Suggs on a scoring pass. Ben finishes the game 14 of 19 for 221 yards, 2 TDs and 1 Int. Bettis runs for 117 yards in his 6th 100-yard game this season, and moves past Eric Dickerson on the NFL career rushing list. Burress returns from a 4-week layoff with a sore hamstring and makes an immediate impact with 3 catches for 97 yards, including a 36-yard TD pass from Ben as Pittsburgh drives 80 yards in 5 plays on its opening possession. Meanwhile, Jamal Lewis is held to 26 yards on 14 carries. 
jschroe36
Special Teamer

08-01-2017, 01:24 AM

One of my all-time favorite games. Watched this one with friends and family around the X-Mas holiday. The Steelers just utterly manhandled the vaunted Raven defense. Just check the play-by-play of the opening drive of the 2nd half. 14-play & 71-yd drive with 12 consecutive runs sandwiched around 2 pass plays. Thing of beauty.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

08-01-2017, 04:58 AM

(08-01-2017, 01:24 AM)jschroe36 Wrote: One of my all-time favorite games. Watched this one with friends and family around the X-Mas holiday. The Steelers just utterly manhandled the vaunted Raven defense. Just check the play-by-play of the opening drive of the 2nd half. 14-play & 71-yd drive with 12 consecutive runs sandwiched around 2 pass plays. Thing of beauty.

I was fortunate enough to attend this game as well. You're right, the Steelers just kicked their @$$. Loved it because our seats for this one were on the home side, upper deck, open end near the goal line and both Steelers TDs happened right down in front of us. It was the first time I'd ever had seats up that high for a Steelers game and I really loved it, especially on the long pass to Burress. The only downer was that our vantage point for the jumbo-tron was terrible and the additional smaller screens they'd put around "roof" of the upper deck weren't working, so... no replays during that game. 

The other thing I remember about this game is that the friend I took (a HUGE Steelers fan) had just gone through a really BAD breakup with his girlfriend the night before and he was still too broken-hearted to enjoy the game. He moped the entire time. I felt kinda bad for him, but at the same time, it was like, "Dude... the GAME!"  Laugh
Unregistered

08-04-2017, 03:01 PM

This was a surreal day because 2 awful things happened. The tsunami in Thailand and Reggie White passing away. I remember this day vividly