Bell Drama? Or fake news?
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

08-24-2017, 12:54 PM

I'm hoping this is fake news...   What he does with his personal life is his business.

But tells me what track he's on >> going forward. Not good >    Thumbdown

Link >  http://www.12up.com/posts/5437674-report..._aid=42767

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

sandfan
Hall of Famer

08-24-2017, 08:52 PM

At least he hasn't been arrested for abuse, yet. But he sure seems to be challenged. I think that's a polite way to describe his moral and ethical bent.

I'm still leaning toward a trade for draft choices. Character issues and injuries are not the kind of things that help build strong teams. Send him out to LA or SFO. His "style" would be a better fit there.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

08-25-2017, 03:11 AM

Send him and a #1 pick for Donald of the Rams.
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

08-25-2017, 07:15 AM

(08-25-2017, 03:11 AM)Crash Wrote: Send him and a #1 pick for Donald of the Rams.

That was my guess as well... Donald is a beast!  Also keep Bell in the NFC.  I wish the Steelers could work something out to keep him. 

But its looking like he may be trouble in the future. Also, Passing up 12 Million a year? Without having a complete season...
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

08-25-2017, 09:27 PM

Not condoning it at all. It's not how I would choose to live my life and I would be extremely upset and disappointed if my kids behaved that way. But let's face it, most players aren't going to behave like Troy Polamalu off the field. Walter Payton was a womanizer and it didn't seem to hurt his on-the-field production. 

I do understand your concern that he might still be off the rails since Bell has already had a suspension. But if he's getting thigh instead of high, that's probably about as much as we can hope for from this guy. He's no boy scout. And so far, Goodell hasn't issued any fines or penalties for chasing skirts as long as the chase doesn't end with a sucker punch. 

Again, not condoning it. I think most of you "long timers" know where I come down on the sanctity of marriage, etc. I'm not saying it's okay. But sadly, I don't think there are enough "good character" guys out there to fill a roster. And it's always been that way, I suspect. It's just so much more public now.
Garrett Garlits
Starting Lineup

08-26-2017, 03:10 AM

I don't think the Steelers will trade him, but it looks like he'll be one of those players whom a lot of us will be glad to see go when it eventually happens. Yes, he's talented, but eventually the baggage that some players have makes it hard to root for them, even when they're helping your team. Hopefully, James Conner will show enough flashes this year that the Steelers will be comfortable with him as the lead back going forward, and Bell can get his fifteen million somewhere else.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

08-26-2017, 08:48 AM

(08-26-2017, 03:10 AM)Garrett Garlits Wrote: IHopefully, James Conner will show enough flashes this year that the Steelers will be comfortable with him as the lead back going forward, and Bell can get his fifteen million somewhere else.

Would love to see Conner develop into a starter. Need to work on looking that ball in all the way on receptions, though...  Thumbsup
Crash
All Pro Veteran

08-29-2017, 02:09 PM

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2017/0...e-video/2/