Super Bowl XL Steelers 21 vs Seahawks 10
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

08-24-2017, 09:16 PM

Super Bowl XL Steelers 21 vs Seahawks 10

The Steelers finally get "one for the thumb" as the Bus makes his last stop in Detroit. On a day when Ben is decidely off his game and the entire offense seems jittery and out of sync, the Steelers' defense -- aided by Seattle's penalties, self-inflicted wounds and poor clock management -- holds off the Seahawks long enough for the offense to produce a handful of gigantic plays, including Ben's crazy 3rd-and-28 improvisational scramble-n-pass to Ward for 37 yds and Willie Parker's stunning 75-yd TD burst behind the crushing block of guard Alan Faneca. But no play is bigger than Antwaan Randle El's "Fake-39 Toss X-Reverse Pass." With the ball on Seattle's 43, Roethlisberger hands off to Parker, who hands off to Randle El, who is sweeping right on an end around. Meanwhile, game MVP Hines Ward comes off the line casually and then suddenly explodes downfield into the clear, and Randle El -- aided by a clutch block by Big Ben -- throws a picture perfect deep strike, hitting Ward in stride at the 5-yd line. A broadly smiling Ward skips into the end zone for a stunning 43-yard TD, giving Pittsburgh an insurmountable 21-10 lead. The Bus is finally home and after the game on the podium, in front of a jubilant Steelers "home crowd" on the road, Bettis says, "I'm a champion. I think the Bus' last stop is here in Detroit." Mission accomplished! 
Remington Steelers
Special Teamer

03-16-2020, 11:49 AM

Is anybody aware that we're missing the last 6 minutes of the game and the Bus' announcement that he has made his last stop? Kind of a let down after watching a great game. Is this something that can be fixed? I hope so.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-16-2020, 02:20 PM

(03-16-2020, 11:49 AM)Remington Steelers Wrote: Is anybody aware that we're missing the last 6 minutes of the game and the Bus' announcement that he has made his last stop?  Kind of a let down after watching a great game.  Is this something that can be fixed?  I hope so.

Woah! No, I didn't know the game was incomplete. Something must've gone wrong with the upload. I'll fix it in the next few days.

Thanks for the heads up!  Thumbsup
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-17-2020, 11:12 AM

Fixed! Thanks to Keith "Crash" Froehlich for helping us repair the corrupted file.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-17-2020, 11:13 AM

(03-17-2020, 11:12 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Fixed! Thanks to Keith "Crash" Froehlich for helping us repair the corrupted file.

P.S. -- It make take a day or two for the correction to show up in your browser. Using "incognito mode" will ensure you see the most up-to-date version.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-17-2020, 11:13 AM

(03-17-2020, 11:12 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: Fixed! Thanks to Keith "Crash" Froehlich for helping us repair the corrupted file.

P.S. -- It may take a day or two for the correction to show up in your browser. Using "incognito mode" will ensure you see the most up-to-date version.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-17-2020, 12:33 PM

You know, people like to rag on Big Ben about this game (mostly Steeler haters), despite his outstanding performances in the 3 prior playoff games vs. Cinci, Indy and Denver. It's definitely not his best game, but he has some big moments

I'm re-watching the game for a first time in a long time, and Ben played better than he gets credit for, especially in the first half. Cedrick Wilson has a drop, and then with 5 minutes left in the first half, Ben pump-fakes and hits Hines Ward perfectly in the end zone for what should've been a 22-yd TD, and Hines stone-hands it. Ben's 3rd-and-28 sandlot 37-yd bomb to Ward to set up Ben's controversial TD run is another huge moment. 

BTW, Holmgren and Hasslebeck do a HORRIBLE job of clock management, both at the end of the first half and at the end of the game. 

Time to watch the second half...
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

03-17-2020, 12:56 PM

Moving along...

Stones at halftime = m'eh.

Ward drops another pass to start the 2nd half, and then...

Willie Parker plus Alan Faneca and the O-line =  Pi_heartbeating Rockon Wavehello