Hero, Games Balls, goat
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-11-2017, 06:44 AM

Used to love Chcioman's report after every game. Hope he returns soon. Here's my take, feel free to add to it:

Hero - A-B - Only offensive player to show up today. Put the team om his back in the 2nd half and carried them to victory. Honorable mention: Jesse James. He's varsity. T.J. Watt - Superb game by a rookie in his first game (against Joe Thomas, no less). Great bend, unbelievable motor. 

Game balls - Special team play early on - blocked punt by Dirty Red, go hustle by Chickello recovering for the TD. Jesse James has a solid game, 2 TDs., couple of catches to moves the chains. Defensive front 7, good pressure all day, 7 sacks (1 by Haden), pretty held the run game in check. Secondary - improvement overs years gone by. Glad Cockerell is a memory. 

Goats: Primarily Haley. Dude, just go. You have one of the most potent offenses assembled and you put up 14 points? Just go. Second - the referees, just when I say they can't get worse, guess what. These incompetent gaggle of zebras today made there biggest calls based on crowd noise and reaction. Lastly, MarCanibus Bryant, Ju-Ju, Rogers (too a point) - very disappointing start for this vaunted group. Also - Bell - You better step it up or you won't even sniff 12 million again, let alone 17 million. How's that Dairy Queen gig working out?

No Risk it - No Biscuit - Bruce Arians 
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017, 06:48 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
sandfan
Hall of Famer

09-11-2017, 07:07 AM

Bell should give back his salary for this game. He was ineffective at best. AB did what AB does. The man deserves to get paid. Maybe Bell will take notice. Watt was impressive. As was Chickello.

Tuitt injury will hurt if he's out for more than a few games. Obviously! Thought I'd put that one in for Tomlin.

The game plan seemed to be structured to keep the Browns in the game. Way too many WR screens. Minimal desire to throw the ball downfield. I realize they played with a deep safety or two but one would think that would open up the field for 12-16 yard throws. Maybe I missed them. Had to watch most of the second quarter with a part screen as the governor of SC trotted out everyone and his brother to update the hurricane issue.

A W is always good but one can only hope it was rust that kept this offense in check. Not a Haley/Tomlin game plan.