Week #2 - Heroes, game balls, Goats
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-18-2017, 07:19 AM

Hero - Tough game, no one really standing out except Chris Boswell. He is the best kicker the Steelers have ever had. Not only is he MONEY, he has been consistently booting the ball deep into the end-zone or through the end-zone. 

Game balls - Entire defense, front 7 especially. The defense played one of the best games I've seen in a while, with 2 key injuries - Tuitt and Watt. Secondary looking good, Hilton starting to shine. Nice QB pressure all day. The unknown Viking player that knocked Haley on his arse. Good to see Marcanibus Bryant contribute. 

Goat - Todd Haley - this guy just blows. Completely idiotic or inept play calling. Right before the half was ridiculous. Plenty of time to move the ball, 3 consecutive bombs? This guy blows. 

Observation - Jesse James good receiving TE but is liability in the blocking game. Terrible whiffs today, one also got Ben killed. He's back to the JV squad. 

Anyone notice Tomlin and Haley getting into it on the sideline?

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017, 07:22 AM by Chucktownsteeler.)
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-18-2017, 07:52 AM

Also nice to see the rookies contributing nicely, Watt, Ju-Ju (hell-a-va block today and only 20 years old,) Hilton, and Connor.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-18-2017, 07:55 AM

(09-18-2017, 07:52 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Also nice to see the rookies contributing nicely, Watt, Ju-Ju (hell-a-va block today and only 20 years old,) Hilton, and Connor.

Yes, that block by Juju was BAD ASS.  Pi_sharpteeth
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-18-2017, 08:01 AM

(09-18-2017, 07:19 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Hero - Tough game, no one really standing out except Chris Boswell. He is the best kicker the Steelers have ever had. Not only is he MONEY, he has been consistently booting the ball deep into the end-zone or through the end-zone. 

Game balls - Entire defense, front 7 especially. The defense played one of the best games I've seen in a while, with 2 key injuries - Tuitt and Watt. Secondary looking good, Hilton starting to shine. Nice QB pressure all day. The unknown Viking player that knocked Haley on his arse. Good to see Marcanibus Bryant contribute. 

Goat - Todd Haley - this guy just blows. Completely idiotic or inept play calling. Right before the half was ridiculous. Plenty of time to move the ball, 3 consecutive bombs? This guy blows. 

Observation - Jesse James good receiving TE but is liability in the blocking game. Terrible whiffs today, one also got Ben killed. He's back to the JV squad.

Agree with your assessment, Chuck. I'd also give a hat-tip to Martavis Bryant. He was HUGE today beyond the stats. He also drew a 45-yard PI penalty.

(09-18-2017, 07:19 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote: Anyone notice Tomlin and Haley getting into it on the sideline?

I didn't... but I DID notice a Viking WR wipe Haley out on the sideline. Can't WAIT to post that video clip this week.  Laugh
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-18-2017, 10:22 AM

Tomlin yelled at Haley this week. Ben yelled at him last week and wants him off the sidelines during games.

When does Tomlin grow a set and either A) Demotes Haley or B) Asks Art II if he can fire him?

Just like you said about Bouchette Tim, Haley's a wet bag of oates.

And always has been.
sandfan
Hall of Famer

09-18-2017, 10:43 AM

Bryant looked every bit as good as he did before the suspension. If he can keep it together the future is very bright. I'd put him in the hero category for his play in this game. I agree Boswell has been a great find but Bryant can be the key to a very successful offense the rest of the year.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-18-2017, 11:24 AM

Loved when Haley took #10 off the field for two straight red zone plays. LOL

Asshat.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-19-2017, 12:14 AM

2-0. Yep, these guys suck. QB puts up a 105 rating, RB puts up 80 some yards against a top 5 defense. Obviously, our OC needs to be fired.

Of course, how about our guy in Arizona, who managed to put up a whopping 16 points against that very stout Colt team  that only gave up 46 points the week before against the juggernaut Rams team? We should have never let him go....
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017, 12:25 AM by dbsfgyd1.)
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-19-2017, 01:33 AM

Nope. Never should have. Firing Arians cost this team at least one AFC title.

What Arians has gotten out of Carson Palmer is a miracle considering Palmer was almost laughed out of the league while with the Raiders.

If Toddy wasn't Dick Haley's son? He's never hired by this football team.

Ben wants Haley away from him on Game Day.

That does all my talking for me.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

09-19-2017, 01:56 AM

(09-19-2017, 01:33 AM)Crash Wrote: Nope.  Never should have.  Firing Arians cost this team at least one AFC title.  

What Arians has gotten out of Carson Palmer is a miracle considering Palmer was almost laughed out of the league while with the Raiders.  

If Toddy wasn't Dick Haley's son? He's never hired by this football team.  

Ben wants Haley away from him on Game Day.  

That does all my talking for me.

The B/S o meter just pegged. Arians sucks and you know it. Palmer is on his last legs, Luck still hasn't recovered for his experience, and you STILL have not produce one shred of evidence of a nepotism hire with Haley. And speaking of Dick Haley, wasn't he fired and went to Buffalo for a while?
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

09-19-2017, 02:14 AM

(09-19-2017, 12:14 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: Of course, how about our guy in Arizona, who managed to put up a whopping 16 points against that very stout Colt team  that only gave up 46 points the week before against the juggernaut Rams team? We should have never let him go....

My distaste for Arians was MUCH greater than my distaste for Haley. I was glad to see him go. But I'm not even remotely satisfied with the job Haley is doing right now. 

It's nice to be 2-0. That said, we haven't looked good doing it and we haven't exactly been facing "elite" opponents. Red zone trips that end in field goals instead of TDs won't be enough against good teams.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

09-19-2017, 03:16 AM

Luck was with Arians one season. ONE.

Luck is turning into a coach killer. Irsay has done nothing but try to coddle him and he's costing OC's their jobs.

As I've said before: Under 20 points in 5 of 6 playoff games with Haley.

20 or less on offense in 15 of our last 24 road games.

20 or less on offense in 11 of 16 games following the 12 TD's in two weeks of 2014.

Ben is missing more games due to injury with Haley. Haley's offense doesn't keep Ben safe. If anything because of the way it's structured and tipping plays Ben is a sitting duck back there.

Villanueva has been getting Ben hit from the moment he began playing. But yet we hardly chip DE's to help him. That's on Haley.

Tomlin didn't want Haley. And yet he's here. Not hard to figure out why.

Art II hired his buddy.

If Arians pulled half the dumb shit that Haley has in his time here he would have been swinging from the Clemente Bridge.

The local guy gets a free pass.

It's sickening.