Dan Rooney Funeral today >
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

04-19-2017, 01:59 AM

Im watching NFL Network and in awe of all the people showing up for this mass. All Steelers former and current, make up of some powerful
NFL Players. Even owners of Teams, Robert Craft and Jim Irsay. Should show what kind of respect Dan Rooney had from everyone around the league. I don't
think there will be another one like him. Oh yeah another thing, some guy is also suppose to show up claiming to be a former president. I'm sure SS1 approved.
Not me so much. I think Dan Rooney will be well known as an NFL Standard for some time. R.I.P.  Mr. Rooney. You have left a lump in my stomach this week, 
but we celebrate all that you have given us and We thank you. I just hope (Art Jr.) will carry on as he has been. 

I worry about things and the way Art is and still will run the Steelers...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Krunch
Hall of Famer

04-19-2017, 03:25 AM

Remarkable man.  Been reading all the articles and here is one thing that really sums it all up.  The following quote is from a contractor who worked on Dan Rooney's house.  Like we so often hear, Dan treated him like family, they had lunch together all the time, etc.  So, read the below quote.  It just screams honor, integrity, just do the right thing to.  It screams Dan Rooney.

"Mr. Strati remembered as well some instructions Mr. Rooney gave him about the house he’d sold in Mt. Lebanon to move back into the family homestead on the North Side.

“He said, ‘Sam, I want you to go to 860,’ that’s what he called the Mt. Lebanon house, ‘I want you to go over there and knock on the door, and tell them I sent you,’ and he said, ‘I want you take care of the windows’ — he gave me a list of things to fix! — I said, ‘Mr. Rooney, you sold that house more than a month ago,’ and he said, ‘No, no, I want to take care of these things."

[Image: dan-rooney-84582576.jpg?w=640&h=0&crop=1]

One of a kind.  Rest well Mr. Rooney.

"Just give me a six-pack and 30 minutes to rest and lets go out and play 'em again!"  
  - Jack Lambert
Desert Steel
Hall of Famer

04-23-2017, 12:30 AM

Very well stated, Krunch.
Smokin' Monkey Mojo