Ben regrets his decision
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

10-06-2017, 10:19 AM

(10-06-2017, 03:29 AM)Crash Wrote: Don't question the guts and heart of your quarterback who didn't play in Baltimore because of a concussion a year AFTER you sat out the majority of an AFC Championship game against the same team with a bad knee.

Don't bash the off the field antics of your quarterback, when you're the biggest man-whore on the team (while married), while you were business partners with a convicted federal drug dealer.  

That's not a personality quirk, that's called being a two faced hypocrite.

Egads, you expect all Steelers to be choir boys? This isn’t NASCAR where personalities are the draw to keep people engaged while watching a bunch of cars making 500 left turns. Frankly, as long as they aren’t breaking the law, or have paid the price if they did, I’m not here for a moral crusade, and hardly qualified to throw the first stone.

BTW Crash, I want to thank you for sharing your stash of Steeler games. Really cool man! Awesome stuff.
Crash
Hall of Famer

10-06-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:Egads, you expect all Steelers to be choir boys?

No, but I do expect players who call out their quarterback? To practice what they preach.

No problem, I love editing and uploading, etc.

Wait til Tim starts his Pens channel. I have EVERY GAME since Sid was drafted. LOL
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

10-06-2017, 10:17 PM

(10-06-2017, 12:53 PM)Crash Wrote:

No, but I do expect players who call out their quarterback?  To practice what they preach.  

Wait til Tim starts his Pens channel.  I have EVERY GAME since Sid was drafted. LOL
I have much lower expectations. If you think Hines was catty, you should hang around successful musicians. Once the music starts however, all is forgotten, until the gig is over. Seriously, I would doubt any personal relations effect what you see on the field much if at all as these guys are under a microscope for their play, with a lot of money at stake. 

The media, bless their bones, love this soap opera crap as it provides copy. The articles dealing with Bell not returning Ben’s texts had to have been into the thousands. All that consternation for almost 5 months showed it’s true value Sunday as Bell rushed for 145 yards. That kind of crap journalism is  a total waste of time, print, and bandwidth.

Having followed the Steelers for over 50 years I’ve learned not to be emotionally attached to individual players. My only expectation of the individuals is when they hit the field, they play as a team, execute their assignments, and play like they mean it. Other than that, as long as they are legal and play like they mean it,  aren’t a lockeroom cancer and I’m fairly certain Hines wasn’t, I’m ok.

The Pens??? Dang, that is totally unreal. And again, thank you much for sharing. 

Do you two think you could come up with a Pirate Chanel for us insomniacs? Seriously, Talk about a pop gun franchise... sheese.....Over 25 years since the Galbraith family sold the team and they still can’t figure out that you do occasionally need to pay decent players well, and the need for quality, scouts, instructors/coaches at the developmental and minor league levels. With all the hype concerning their draft picks, they seem to be cranking out a whole lot of AAA level ball players.

Have a good one Crash.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-06-2017, 10:40 PM

(10-06-2017, 10:19 AM)dbsfgyd1 Wrote: BTW Crash, I want to thank you for sharing your stash of Steeler games. Really cool man! Awesome stuff.

Three cheers for that!!!   Rockon
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

10-07-2017, 02:21 AM

(10-06-2017, 12:53 PM)Crash Wrote:

No, but I do expect players who call out their quarterback?  To practice what they preach.  

Wait til Tim starts his Pens channel.  I have EVERY GAME since Sid was drafted. LOL

You see - this is where I drift from my Yinzers - Though I have been a Steelers fan since the mid 70s........my Hockey heart belongs to my hometown masochists - the Rangers.
Garrett Garlits
All Pro Veteran

10-07-2017, 10:48 PM

Is the Penguin channel definitely happening? I'd love to see it, and not just with the obvious Sid and Mario games, although I know those would come first. If anyone has any video from the pre-Mario days, I think it would be a treat. I don't know how much actually exists, but I'd like to see what's there. Unfortunately, we didn't make the playoffs much in the eighties when video becomes more common; we made the playoffs six of out eight years between 1975 and 1982, but if more than one or two Penguin games from that era exist on either video or audio, I'd be shocked.

As for the Pirate channel, as a Bucco fan I'd love to see it, but there's been so much bad baseball over the years that it would be tough to do a positive site. After the playoff games, I guess some early-nineties stuff would be nice, and of course the 2013-2015 regular seasons. After that, you're dealing in oddities, and mostly in audio. Dock Ellis's no-hitter in 1970 doesn't exist in full, I'm not sure about Bob Moose's in 1969, and games like Rennie Stennett's seven-for-seven in 1975 don't seem to be out there either. There are a few games from some '70s pennant races (keep in mind that I'm talking about radio, not TV), but there wouldn't be near the comprehensive library that this site has of the Steelers or a hockey site would have of the Penguins from the nineties on.

I guess it's up to Tim and his fellow collectors how much they'd be willing to dig for.