Not Feeling It
spokan steeler
Hall of Famer

09-26-2017, 11:26 PM

Existential crisis, day three.

On Sunday, I ignored the game and didn't watch a minute.  I was actually glad the Steelers lost.  Can't believe I'd ever say that.

Yesterday, I tried to find a rational, objective, forgiving mindset.  If only the team would properly explain themselves, convey their regret and make amends, then life could go on as normal.

Today, I'm just not feeling it.  Nothing will ever be the same.  I just can't see myself donning a Steelers hat or shirt with any measure of pride or joy.

My family has been season ticket holders for decades, and I've been a Sunday Ticket subscriber.  I think I'm ready to just walk away from all of it.

I still don't think the Steelers and the NFL truly understand what they've stepped in.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

09-27-2017, 12:46 AM

(09-26-2017, 11:26 PM)spokan steeler Wrote: Existential crisis, day three.

On Sunday, I ignored the game and didn't watch a minute.  I was actually glad the Steelers lost.  Can't believe I'd ever say that.

Yesterday, I tried to find a rational, objective, forgiving mindset.  If only the team would properly explain themselves, convey their regret and make amends, then life could go on as normal.

Today, I'm just not feeling it.  Nothing will ever be the same.  I just can't see myself donning a Steelers hat or shirt with any measure of pride or joy.

My family has been season ticket holders for decades, and I've been a Sunday Ticket subscriber.  I think I'm ready to just walk away from all of it.

I still don't think the Steelers and the NFL truly understand what they've stepped in.

Agreed and I posted earlier this decision may haunt some of them the rest of their lives. I believe some such as Ben are already struggling with it, an action he may think about the rest of his life. We are all defined by are actions and this is certainly one of them. 

I have spent my last dollar on Steeler merchandise and will no longer take valuable Sunday time away from my family to watch this traveling circus. I may watch night games, but then again I may not.

Dilly - Dilly!

Pray for 50!
RaynorShyne
All Pro Veteran

09-27-2017, 02:08 AM

(09-27-2017, 12:46 AM)Chucktownsteeler Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 11:26 PM)spokan steeler Wrote: Existential crisis, day three.

Agreed and I posted earlier this decision may haunt some of them the rest of their lives. I believe some such as Ben are already struggling with it, an action he may think about the rest of his life. We are all defined by are actions and this is certainly one of them. 

I have spent my last dollar on Steeler merchandise and will no longer take valuable Sunday time away from my family to watch this traveling circus. I may watch night games, but then again I may not.
To further the point, I have a favorite Steelers shirt and Hat which normally were worn on every Sunday -  After all, that was my FOOTBALL TEAM

.... but not this last Sunday.  Probably not anytime this season.  Why?  The symbol - the beloved Steel symbol with "Steelers" - now represents a political statement.  One I don't agree with.  

It doesn't represent a game anymore.   

A rookie kid on Philly's team of political dissidents kicked a 61 yard field goal.   ....and it's lost.