How About That Short Yardage Offense
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

10-23-2017, 09:54 AM

The Steelers may have won the game today, with the defense turning in the most dominant outing in a long, long time, but freaking Haley should be shot. I’m not getting the Bryant thing at all. It’s like they are going out of their way not to use him. The last ball thrown to him, it was obvious he was not expecting the ball.

The game plan for short yardage, and red zone was rediculous,  pathetically inept, and uninspired. Bush league.
Crash
Hall of Famer

10-23-2017, 10:05 AM

Taking Bryant out in the redzone so one of the worst pass catching TE's in football can drop a TD!

Epic!

Haley's system is garbage. We waste so many plays so he can run his bullshit formations. It's almost criminal.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-23-2017, 10:10 AM

I was losing my mind. Absolutely losing my mind. Haley was AWFUL with his play calling, awful with his personnel groupings, awful with his timing. No instinct, no imagination, no innovation. 4th and 1? Pull Bell out. 3rd and 1? Pull Bell out. And force the ball deep to a completely covered AB, of course. 

3rd game this year that Boswell has hit 4+ FGs. That's cool for Boswell... but it's a result of horrid red zone offensive play calling. 

Haley has GOT to change things up. What he's doing right now is not working. We're winning in spite of him and losing because of him. 

I should be reveling in this win. Instead, I'm annoyed. Again. Because of the continued mismanagement of this incredibly talented offense. 

Regarding Martavis Bryant... I don't think he "gets" the offense, he doesn't run good routes, he doesn't make good adjustments and he doesn't seem to be able to get separation anymore. I thought he was underachieving 2 years ago, but he was head and shoulders above where he is now. He's an enigma. I don't get what he's doing and I don't get what we're trying to do with him. None of it makes sense. 

Glad we won. The potential for bigger things appears to be there. I'm glad we're not peaking right now and my hope is that by playoff-time we'll be firing on all cylinders. Long way to go.
mcmillenandwife
Administrator

10-23-2017, 10:11 AM

(10-23-2017, 10:05 AM)Crash Wrote: Taking Bryant out in the redzone so one of the worst pass catching TE's in football can drop a TD!

Epic!  

Haley's system is garbage.  We waste so many plays so he can run his bullshit formations.  It's almost criminal.

That was brutal, wasn't it? Somebody needs to get it through Haley's head that Heath Miller is GONE.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

10-23-2017, 10:16 AM

Re: Healy’s Head

Maybe removing it from his rectum might be a step in the right direction.
Crash
Hall of Famer

10-23-2017, 10:48 AM

Haley turned Mike Wallace into Courtney Hawkins in 2012.

This system is trash.

2-3 TE/FB set trash.

But Haley gives the Yinzers their fullback so they are happy.

If Eli is benched also? It should be:

84-10-19

Nail Grimble, Nix, Hubbard/Finney, and McDonald to the bench.
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

10-23-2017, 11:52 PM

(10-23-2017, 10:10 AM)mcmillenandwife Wrote: I was losing my mind. Absolutely losing my mind. Haley was AWFUL with his play calling, awful with his personnel groupings, awful with his timing. No instinct, no imagination, no innovation. 4th and 1? Pull Bell out. 3rd and 1? Pull Bell out. And force the ball deep to a completely covered AB, of course. 

3rd game this year that Boswell has hit 4+ FGs. That's cool for Boswell... but it's a result of horrid red zone offensive play calling. 

Haley has GOT to change things up. What he's doing right now is not working. We're winning in spite of him and losing because of him. 

I should be reveling in this win. Instead, I'm annoyed. Again. Because of the continued mismanagement of this incredibly talented offense. 

Regarding Martavis Bryant... I don't think he "gets" the offense, he doesn't run good routes, he doesn't make good adjustments and he doesn't seem to be able to get separation anymore. I thought he was underachieving 2 years ago, but he was head and shoulders above where he is now. He's an enigma. I don't get what he's doing and I don't get what we're trying to do with him. None of it makes sense. 

Glad we won. The potential for bigger things appears to be there. I'm glad we're not peaking right now and my hope is that by playoff-time we'll be firing on all cylinders. Long way to go.

Martavis was really good for one year - doing 40 yard+ fly routes.
Chucktownsteeler
Hall of Famer

10-24-2017, 01:39 AM

Worst, most mind-boggling games I seen called offensively in quite a while.

Hey T_dd, where's the "O"?????

Next - Minkah, #39!
  [Image: chucktown_sig_pic.jpg]