Ben on Haley
Rollers
Hall of Famer

11-14-2017, 11:37 PM

On Monday, Ben Roethlisberger spoke with Fillipponi and 93.7's Ron Cook about the apparent miscommunication between himself and Haley after Big Ben was forced to call a timeout before the team's two point conversion attempt with 11:52 left. On Sunday night, Big Ben said that Mike Tomlin overruled Haley's initial decision to kick an extra point after the Steelers cut the Colts' lead to 17-15 with 11:52 remaining. Pittsburgh's gamble paid off, as Big Ben and Martavis Bryant connected on the two point conversion. 
"That’s nothing new, him screaming at me during games, you guys just never see it," said Roethlisberger, who has earned three of his five career Pro Bowl selections under Haley's watch. "I did look over at the sideline (before the two-point conversion) and he was definitely screaming at me.
"At the time, you move on. You really can’t get caught up in it."
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

11-15-2017, 12:15 AM

I think after the season's over they need to think about getting Toad out of there.  Regardless if Big Ben leaves or not. The Steelers have some caliber players that need to be put in the best situation.

Roethlisberger has 4 or 5 years under Haley? If they're not on the same page by now to trust each others decisions -  its pretty much a doomed relationship.
RaynorShyne
Starting Lineup

11-15-2017, 03:55 AM

It is time for the Steelers to address the giant elephant in the room, which is Todd Haley’s offense

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20...ys-offense

Key takewaway:

Todd Haley better get the this offense in order, and fast. If they cannot achieve the necessary production with the weapons they possess. If this team continues to fall short of that magical 30-point barrier they were supposed to hit each game they’ve played this season, there can only be one man who shoulders that responsibility.

Nothing less than a Super Bowl appearance is acceptable at this point, and if the Steelers can’t count on an offense to execute when needed, and don’t hit the mark I just mentioned, the blame falls on one man.

It’s time for Haley to put up or shut up. The next seven weeks will tell that tale. And everybody will be watching.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 03:56 AM by RaynorShyne.)
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

11-15-2017, 04:02 AM

(11-15-2017, 12:15 AM)Cali-Steeler Wrote:  I think after the season's over they need to think about getting Toad out of there.  Regardless if Big Ben leaves or not. The Steelers have some caliber players that need to be put in the best situation.

Roethlisberger has 4 or 5 years under Haley? If they're not on the same page by now to trust each others decisions -  its pretty much a doomed relationship.

Having been on the sidelines of an NFL game, in order to communicate over the ambient noise over the 15 yards of that exchange, you are going to have to scream. That being said, is anybody really surprised at the script? Shoot, I’ve heard that kind of language in the corporate boardrooms. Sure there was a little frustration, it was rather minor IMO. 

Now, as far a Haley goes and his offensive system, pretty much he is giving Rooney exactly what he asked for, an offense where his QB is not going to take a lot of hits. That said, Bell is already shows signs of slowing down this year. A 3. something yard per attempt is not likely to get him his “I’m a need $15 Mil” contract, or get the job done. Connor keeps getting knicked or dinged everytime  he runs the ball. 

We are going to be forced to run more spread as the year wears on, and that is not Haley’s strong suit. Hopefully he’s gone in the offseason.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

11-15-2017, 01:37 PM

Haley claims he yelled at a coach. WBOO Ed Bouchette says it was Danny Smith.

BULL

SHIT

He clearly said Mike, so it was either Munchak or Tomlin.

Period.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

11-15-2017, 02:00 PM

(11-15-2017, 01:37 PM)Crash Wrote: Haley claims he yelled at a coach.  WBOO Ed Bouchette says it was Danny Smith.

BULL

SHIT

He clearly said Mike, so it was either Munchak or Tomlin.  

Period.

Just a little damage control going on???? You’re right, the old BS-
O-Meter just pegged, and the needle is bent.... My money is on Munch being the target. But what the heck do I know...

Interesting bent with the Smith angle. This was a conversion play, which would make sense that Smith was involved, but this may have been one of many short yardage plays in the Haley playbook arsenal that Smith borrowed  and tweaked the formation for such an occasion. So is it possible that Smith called the play, but the players got confused as to which version they were running? 

If this is the case, that might explain things, but this was a serious inexcusable coaching gaffe regardless.
Crash
All Pro Veteran

11-15-2017, 02:09 PM

Danny Smith doesn't call plays for the offense.

The two point plays come from Haley's playbook.
dbsfgyd1
Hall of Famer

11-15-2017, 11:49 PM

(11-15-2017, 02:09 PM)Crash Wrote: Danny Smith doesn't call plays for the offense.  

The two point plays come from Haley's playbook.

Maybe so, but I’ll bet both Smith and Haley were sending players in at the same time and Smith is likely the “Un-named” coach.... regardless, no excuse for being that loose, and that goes up to the top Man on the staff, Tomlin.