well on we go
Rollers
Hall of Famer

12-18-2017, 11:53 AM

have to win last two games against two kludge teams.  Better win them both.
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

12-18-2017, 12:15 PM

Amen. And land on our back if we catch a $%!#$%!$%!$#!!!!!!! ball
The Lakelander
Hall of Famer

12-18-2017, 01:03 PM

"Season's done. Tomlin got division title and winning season. Doesn’t win what matters. Clown ass Rooney’s will keep him regardless. How many seasons has Tomlin pissed away???"

Sit back and watch it all unfold. I happen to agree with this point of view. It's not happening for the Steelers to win in Foxboro. The only caveat would be if some other team goes in there in divisional round and upsets the Pats. Odds: slim to none. 

Sorry Steelers diehards. Time to get a spine and stop soft-balling on Tomlin. He IS the elephant in the room.

Big Grin Super Bowl or Bust !!! ... (I'm guessing "Bust") ... but hey ... 
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-18-2017, 01:14 PM

If it's slim to none how did the Ravens and the Jets do it?
The Lakelander
Hall of Famer

12-18-2017, 01:17 PM

(12-18-2017, 01:14 PM)Crash Wrote: If it's slim to none how did the Ravens and the Jets do it?

Defense ???  Laugh

Big Grin Super Bowl or Bust !!! ... (I'm guessing "Bust") ... but hey ... 
Cali-Steeler
Hall of Famer

12-18-2017, 02:50 PM

Listening to some sports Radio tonight. They are saying Big Ben could possibly hang it up after this season because he's tired
of the stupid decisions by coaching.
Crash
Hall of Famer

12-18-2017, 04:43 PM

Agreed. If Haley stays and they don't win the SB I think Ben quits or plays elsewhere.

If they don't win the SB and Haley goes and Fichtner replaces him I think Ben stays.

Ben's had it with Haley, and from what *I* was told by a source, he's tiffed at Tomlin for not backing him on it.
RaynorShyne
Hall of Famer

12-19-2017, 12:41 AM

(12-18-2017, 01:03 PM)The Lakelander Wrote: "Season's done. Tomlin got division title and winning season. Doesn’t win what matters. Clown ass Rooney’s will keep him regardless. How many seasons has Tomlin pissed away???"

Sit back and watch it all unfold. I happen to agree with this point of view. It's not happening for the Steelers to win in Foxboro. The only caveat would be if some other team goes in there in divisional round and upsets the Pats. Odds: slim to none. 

Sorry Steelers diehards. Time to get a spine and stop soft-balling on Tomlin. He IS the elephant in the room.

The Steelers are 11-3.  Can YOU "nuthuggers" stop swinging the damn pendulum from ecstatic to "the sky is falling".   

The Steelers lost their leader on defense, and arguably the leagues MVP - and came within a glove-slip of winning the game.  A glove-slip that took 5 minutes, multiple camera angles, and super-slow-mo to reveal.   
Surprise - the NFL is a week-to-week league.  Neither you nor I know what's GOING to happen.  If you do - go to Vegas and get rich.  

Who's out there that you would replace Tomlin with?  Matt Patricia?  He's going to get a coaching job next season.  I'll pass.  His Defense has been a joke the majority of the season.  Mike Vrabel?  He'd be a popular choice, a real homer.  Of course Mary Poppins could be a good defensive coach with the players he's been given.  

Tomlin is 114-60   

DENVER has knocked us out of the playoffs more than NE has in the last 10 years (Oh yeah, Tomlin's Steelers have been to the playoffs 7 of the last 10 years - and are going again this year.  

Shit - if we were 15-0 you people would find something to bitch endlessly about.